June 2012 Moms

can you die from heartburn?

'Cuz I'm begining to think you can.

Ick!

Anyone else's getting worse?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: can you die from heartburn?

• Nope, cause I'm still alive and kicking.  It keeps waking me up at night.  I can't sleep with more than one pillow, so it is worse then.  It's the H's that are threatening to kill me at the moment: heartburn, hemorrhoids and hicks (Braxton).
  • The other night I was convinced that HB could kill you. Mine was consistently horrible requiring round the clock meds until a week or so ago now since I guess baby is lower I was able to back off of the meds a tiny bit. Thank god it's June tomorrow!!! 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I started taking Prevacid again.  My heartburn was so bad it was waking me up all last weekend.  Ugh. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • LOL!  I hear ya!  My other questions are: can you overdose on Tums, b/c I pretty much max out the daily recommended amount (plus some)?  And will I get cavities since they have sugar and I take them in the middle of the night without brushing my teeth after? hahaha.
    EdenRose230
  • I've heard taking too many Tums for too long can lead to kidney stones.

I have been taking Pepcid twice a day for a few weeks and it's helped greatly. Before that, waking up to heartburn in the middle of the night was just horrible. 

• Mine is getting pretty bad too.  It seems like I can't eat anything! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No but it can feel like you're having a heart attack if you have acid reflux disease. That is how I got diagnosed with it at the age of 20. Nexium is my best friend!
  • The throat of fire is what I feel like I have.  Tums are great.  Guess we are going to have some hairy babies!  3 more days till my Sch CS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker~ Diagnosed with PCOS in March 2009. Taking Metfomin for insulin resistance and irregular cycles/ovulation. Had healthy baby girl in Jan 2010 via C-Section (HTN and Breech Presentation).
    ~ Miscarry at 8 weeks with D&C in May 2011 (low progesterone).
    ~ Had a healthy baby girl in June 2012 via C-Section (on prometrium to sustain).
    ~ Surprise pregnancy at age 40!  Baby boy due April 26, 2021 (took prometrium to sustain once pregnancy was confirmed, 3rd C-Section planned).  
  • I am so thankful for Tums. The past two nights I have taken Tums and only woke up to pee and change positions. It was amazing...
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • I'm going to say yes.

but I haven't heard any cases of heartburn resulting in spontaneous combustion yet, so I'm hoping it's really rare that it's fatal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"