Parenting after a Loss
Options

Night terrors

Tell me about them if you've had experience with them. For the past three weeks DD has been waking up crying (hard) but puts herself back to sleep. A couple times I've gone in and she is sitting in bed crying but doesn't ask to be picked up and rocked. She'd rather me just stand next to her crib until she falls back to sleep. Are these night terrors? Sometimes she'll do this three four times in a night. I've put a night light in her room and it seems to have helped.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12

Re: Night terrors

• Options
    vflipovflipo member
    I have no idea but ((hugs)). DD did that a few times, but not every night. It only lasted for about a week or so.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options

I hope I'm not mixing my info up, but I've read that night terrors happen within the first few hours of going to sleep, not any later. I think the best thing to do is just be there and not try to wake them. They will eventually just lay back down and continue sleeping and will not remember a thing (if it is a night terror).

((Hugs))

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sad. I'm sorry she seems to be thrown off. ::hugs:: I hope this goes away soon for you and for her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DS went through this too. I don't know if it was night terrors, bad dreams, or just separation anxiety. 

Luckily it was just a phase and only lasted a few weeks but it was horrible.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OatoaOatoa member
    It does sound like night terrors since she isn't responding to you when you come into the room.  She probably barely knows you're there.  As PP, its usually a phase that takes its course over a couple of weeks then goes away.  My neice has them and I saw it a lot when I took care of her when my brother and SIL went on vacation.  Hugs to you and i hope it passes quickly.

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14

• Options
    imageErnie52408:

DS went through this too. I don't know if it was night terrors, bad dreams, or just separation anxiety. 

Luckily it was just a phase and only lasted a few weeks but it was horrible.

This, we went through this too. GL

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

Ugh! Both girls had them and I think A is starting to.  DD#1 would all out scream.  She would yell things like "STOP CHASING ME" or "STOP IT. I DON'T LIKE THAT."  Freaked me the he!! out!  What could she possibly have been dreaming about!?!  DD #2, same thing.  She would just start yelling and crying in her sleep.  They would both open their eyes with this empty look and tears in their eyes.  It made me cry...more then once.  I would lie next to them and hold them while they were going through it.  I just kind of "pet" their heads and just kept saying over and over "Mommy's here, mommy's here.  You're safe in my arms."  

It gets better...

So the other day, we put the kids to bed at their normal time.  Go through the normal routine, all is well and good.  They go to sleep without any argument.  I go down to give them last kisses good night and find dd#2 sleeping on the floor in her doorway.  Her doorway is like seven feet from her bed.  I asked her pedi about it.  Turns out, kids who have terrors at an early age are more likely to sleepwalk as they get older.  She is still a very animated sleeper.  She is very emotional and vocal when she sleeps.  I will hear her laughing or crying through A's monitor which is in an entirely different room. Fun stuff...

Forever missing Baby Z #3 ~ Natural m/c 4.12.2010 at 11w2d
    *So proud and so lucky to be the mommy of two beautiful little girls
    and one handsome little man*
    RJ~5.17.2005~born @ 37w due to IUGR~4lbs 15ozs
    Al~4.5.2008~born big and healthy @ 38w~7lbs 9.5ozs
    Lil man~5.20.2011~born big and healthy @ 39w (after one he!! of a pregnancy)~8lbs 1oz
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"