Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Just got back from first visit with Doc

Wife is 6 weeks 6 days pregnant.

She had miscarriage in early February at almost 13 weeks.  Testing showed it was due to extra chromosome.  She had one miscarriage almost 10 years ago with her first husband at 8 weeks.

We were able to hear the heartbeat, 106, but can't seem to get too excited.  I think the doc is going to do an ultrasound each week to help calm her.  She is really nervous.....any suggestions on what I can do to help her?

Re: Just got back from first visit with Doc

• Options
    Just support her in every way possible. The weekly visits should help they did for me for the most part. I didn't have to wait forever and I would do a count down each time. : ) Good Luck

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Just help her take things day to day, and yourself, too! Those early weeks can be tough ones. Congratulations!

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Share! I don't just mean food and drinks I mean open up and let her know she is not alone. If you are feeling good let her know it could make her feel better about the pregnancy. If you're afraid let her know she might want to hear she is not alone. Let her vent. Buy something for the lost baby for her. It will show you aren't forgetting that pregnancy how ever short or long was ya'lls first and should be remembered. Well this is what I would have wanted.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Above posts have great advice. Be patient, and shower her w love, and FOOD! :)

2 m/c's before DS, 3 m/c's post DS (Jan '12, March'12, May '12) image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would say just going to the appointments with her is good enough - I really appreciate my husband coming to support me, good news or bad!  Also, just allow her to be nervous if she's nervous, sympathize.  All of us PgALs are a little nutty, we have our good days and our bad, but we get by :).  Congrats to both of you on the good news!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Appreciate the tips....I've been doing all the above, and she is strong, just worried about her.  I'm going to all appointments if she wants me to or not.  Last time the one appointment I didn't go to because she didn't think I needed to, she found out that she miscarried.  Killed me that I wasn't there for her...won't happen again.

Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"