December 2012 Moms

WWYD? 16 week appointment//gender?

I made my 16 week appointment today.  I'm thinking about calling back and asking if we can try to determine the sex.  They are really busy though, and I don't want to bother them with that.  I figure if it's something my doctor wanted to do, he would have mentioned it.  That being said, last pregnancy, I asked my Dr. when we could try and he set it up for my 17 week appointment.  What to do, what to do.....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD? 16 week appointment//gender?

• mlangsmlangs member
    Ask... what can it hurt?
  • Laur816Laur816 member

Do you get an US at every appointment?  I say it's worth asking!  I am so impatient I would totally try to see if they could tell.  

I found out with my boys at 17 weeks, so I think it's definitely worth a shot. 

Momma to twin 8 year old boys, and a 5 year old boy!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/3944y.jpg[/IMG]

• Loading the player...
  • LuffJooLuffJoo member

Wait...u had a 16 weeks appt AND you have a 17 week appt? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • beeunitbeeunit member
    imageLuffJoo:

Wait...u had a 16 weeks appt AND you have a 17 week appt? 

No, sorry..that's confusing.  Last time, for whatever reason, I didn't have a 16 week appointment and had a 17 week one.  I think it's because I was seeing an RE, so my appointments with my OB were weird?

• LuffJooLuffJoo member
    oh well in that case Id ask...worst care scenario is they can't and you wait till next appt, right?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemlangs:Ask... what can it hurt?

Yes

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also made an appt to find out the gender at 16 weeks but I have to pay for it. It's one of those elective u/s places. They said that they would definitely be able to tell me otherwise they will not charge me. 
  • I had my last appt just this Tuesday (13wk 6d) I asked when we can find out the sex (i already knew 20 weeks but wanted to see what she said) and surprisingly she said she would do an ultrasound at my next appt (17wk 6d). She said she's about 50/50 determining the sex depending on the position of the baby. I also scheduled the 20 week ultrasound for July 12th. so if we don't find out the sex at the next appt, at least we don't have to wait too much longer :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"