October 2011 Moms
Options

You know things are bad when...

Retail therapy / shoe shopping doesn't make you feel any better. I have had a rough couple weeks starting with DH getting rear-ended with DD in the car. Everyone was fine, thank the gods, but I hated getting that phone call. We were just getting over some sort of cold when it happened too.

This last week DH's aunt was put on full life support because she went into a diabetic coma. She has since come out and is doing better. 

This weekend we lost 2 of our koi fish for no reason that I have been able to discern. They just started floating. On top of that and the new snake problem I'm ready to make a nice fire pit there instead of our pond.  

I got a phone call from my sister, who never calls, yesterday to tell me that our grandmother has been admitted to hospice and isn't expected to make it another 2 weeks.

Today at work I found a problem that is going to mean lots of additional work for us.  And we should be delivering this project to our clients already. Well it should have been finished while I was on mat leave but of course that didn't happen. 

So I thought you know what always makes it better... Shoe shopping so I went on my lunch and sadly I still don't feel any better. 

So anyone else want to say how you know things are bad? Or maybe just tell me what you do to feel better when life hits you hard?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: You know things are bad when...

• Options

:(  Talk about things adding up!  Hugs, I'm sorry.

I've not always been able to say this, but quite honestly now when things are so hard and there seems to be no hope I just turn to God.  I trust him above all things and know that if life is hard now, it's because I am the clay and he is the sculptor turning me into his beautiful piece of art.  If it's not perfect right now that's because he's not done with you!

Crying also helps me.  I cry.  A lot!

• Options
    I'm sorry you're going through so much right now. I agree that if retail therapy isn't working, you know it's bad! Is it possible for you to do something nice for yourself sometime soon? A pedicure or massage? Even meeting up with a friend for a drink/coffee and some conversation. Those things usually help to lift my spirits. I hope things start looking up for you soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    vitanvitan member
    Talk about rain = pouring. :( I'm sorry that it seems everything is all coming at oncebut I hope that you find peace with it all. Music always makes me feel better. Either hard music to pump me up or sad music to help me cry and get it all out. If not, a beer or glass of wine helps. Always fitting in this crowd, que no? :)
    Visit The Nest!Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 - 11/16/10 CP 12/1/10
    Our team green turned into team pink! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 17dpo - 47, 19dpo - 114 Chart
  • Options
    Thanks ladies it helped just getting it our here. I think I will be drinking tonight I'm sure there is some wine in my house somewhere that needs drinking. And I have needed a pedi for a while now so I think I will make some time for that too maybe this weekend. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"