Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Anyone else's LO having hard time adjusting to nanny?

Ugh, poor DD is hating that I am back to work full time. The nanny is doing a *great* job with her, but she is just crying almost all the time (I have worked from home most of this week to help out, though I hide in the office most of the time). It just makes me so sad to put her through this. It's a lot of stress of a 3 month old!! I thought after so many days together (this is the 5th) it would get better. But so far, not so much. I am feeling like a terrible mom for putting her through this, even though I know in the end she will be fine. Still, I just hate to see her so exhausted and spaced out at the end of the day. Yuck.

Re: Anyone else's LO having hard time adjusting to nanny?

• Options

It might be easier for the baby to adjust if you're not at home.  She knows you're there, she probably wants you.

Give her time to bond with the nanny.

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Options
    NiniJ55NiniJ55 member
    imagemypalbabs:

It might be easier for the baby to adjust if you're not at home.  She knows you're there, she probably wants you.

Yep.  They are so much smarter than we give them credit for.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemypalbabs:

I agree.  I had our nanny come for a couple of days before I went back to work to get used to his routine and to have me readily available for questions.  The first day I hid out in my bedroom for the day so he wouldn't see me.  That went great so the next day I went shopping while she was there.

When I went back to work he had absolutely no adjustment problems and he now loves her so much.  When she leaves for the day he wrinkles his little face and pouts.  I love that he has bonded with her so well. 

Give them some alone time and I am sure it will get better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    vszappvszapp member
    Oh, for sure. I went into the office yesterday and apparently it was no different with me gone. I have been hiding out in the office when at home and only come out when she's napping. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"