Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Bottle Fed Babies

My DD has been bottle fed since day one.  Within the last month or so the only way she will take her bottle is if we have her lay down in front of the T.V. watching the Baby T.V channel.  It's like she needs to be distracted in order for her to drink her milk.  If we try any other way she just refuses it (most of the time).

Anyone else's baby only take the bottle under certain conditions? Or suggestions please? 

Re: Bottle Fed Babies

• I don't have much advise.  We haven't intruduced the TV yet to her.

This morning I was running late & she was up early & hungry so I gave her a bottle in a sippy cup.  She had no issues with it but we intruduced the sippy cup when we started solids at 6mths... just water.  This was the first time for formula.

Try the sippy cup.  She might enjoy that freedom.  Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD is breastfed, but on the few occasions when she's not with me and needs to take a bottle from grandma, she will not drink it unless she's far from her and watching tv. She doesn't want anyone holding her, touching her, or even being near her when she takes a bottle so my grandma has to set her in front of the tv, sit far back and stretch her arm out to hold the bottle. This is the only way she'll drink it... not much advice though. I think it maybe have to do with the fact that they don't want to sit still and not have stimuli. DD gets kinda squirmy while BF and awake and I think it's because she's bored. She also turns around frequently.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"