May 2012 Moms

Update: I'm still pregnant and guess what happened?

So just to remind you...

36 weeks: head down baby

37 weeks: breech baby, c-section scheduled for May 21st (5 days before due date)

38 weeks: head down baby, c-section cancelled!

39 weeks: head down baby!

40 weeks, 3 days: BABY FLIPS TO TRANSVERSE BREECH. C-section scheduled, once again, for "as soon as possible" because OB is nervous that I will go into labor on my own or my water will break and there is a tiny chance for an umbilical cord prolapse. C-section scheduled for today, May 30th (40 weeks, 5 days pregnant).

That was Tuesday/yesterday, which was supposed to be my last day of work. I run to work immediately following my appointment and get a call pulling into the driveway (not 10 minutes later) saying I might not want to go to work since they were able to fit me in for tomorrow morning, so I'd need to be at the hospital in an hour for pre-admissions! I called my husband, hysterical, and he came home from work... and I went inside to say goodbye to everyone.

Nervously, we followed the instructions, arrived at the hospital at 7AM. Got changed into a gown... ultrasound... baby is HEAD DOWN. And head is the lowest it has been and the most center (dead center) it has been. My OB comes and examines me, does a further ultrasound. Fluid is still great, baby is in great health, as am I, and no progression towards labor. Cervix closed, but OB can feel her head during internal.

So, here I am! Still pregnant and amazed by my little gymnast (or, as my uncle suggested, my little politician... with all the flipping haha). And surprisingly, the nurses told me that this is more common than I thought.

Congratulaitons to all the Mommies who have had outside babies. Since I had an exciting few days followed by a long 3-day weekend, I've probably missed a lot of births!

--Danielle :-)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Update: I'm still pregnant and guess what happened?

• I hadn't seen you on the board in a few days and was wondering what your status was. I absolutely cannot believe that she flipped AGAIN and AGAIN! I can't even imagine the back and forth emotions you are going through with all of this. Fx'd she stays in the go position this time and you don't have to schedule a c-section...again. 
    Photobucket
  • Hope LO stays the right way!!  I would be tempted toward an induction at this point, to try to catch him/her in the right position.  Good luck with delivery!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageJess & Drew:
    I hadn't seen you on the board in a few days and was wondering what your status was. I absolutely cannot believe that she flipped AGAIN and AGAIN! I can't even imagine the back and forth emotions you are going through with all of this. Fx'd she stays in the go position this time and you don't have to schedule a c-section...again. 

Again, last night, while trying to fall asleep, I felt her moving SO HARD and that must have been when she went to head down (not as big as from breech since she was transverse. She was also showing sunny side up, but was towards my spine this morning, but that is really secondary). I kept telling my husband how I wouldn't let myself get too excited about meeting her today because I had a feeling we'd end up being sent home!

I hope because her head is lower than it's ever been (and centered lol) that it's a sign that she will stay down now and get ready to come out!

• imageNicolewinsbingo:
    Hope LO stays the right way!!  I would be tempted toward an induction at this point, to try to catch him/her in the right position.  Good luck with delivery!

Thanks! The reason they didn't keep me to induce is because I am still not dilated at all... so they really want my body to try to go into labor on it's own since I am in great health and so is the baby, my fluid is good, etc. If I haven't delivered by, probably, next Wednesday, then they will induce.

• Wow, your baby girl is doing some crazy stuff in there!  I hope she stays head down now and you have her very soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Well good luck! I think I would have passed the point of insanity if my LO was doing all that! Now when she gets older, if she tells you she can't do a cartwheel...lol! :)
  • OMGosh! If this is any indication of your life to come...I'd be worried. Lol! Good luck! I hope your body starts to progress on its own! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Holy crap. Good luck to you! Smile
  • I hope you have a fast and safe delivery!  Stop your flipping baby!! 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Holy-moly, I just got motion sickness reading about all those flips! Good luck to you!

• I knew something was going on with you missing for days straight. I am so not surprised she sure does love to mess with you. Stay heads down Julia, you have a whole lifetime to drive your mom crazy you don't have to rush it all now :)

Good luck hope you just randomly go into labor ive known plenty of FTMs to go from not dilated to a baby the next day.  

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"