January 2013 Moms

Fading after eating lunch?

I work full time so afternoon naps to fight this first tri fatigue / exhaustion sadly are not an option. I've found I'm most exhausted immediately following lunch. Any tips to fight this after lunch fade?

Re: Fading after eating lunch?

• Can you try a no carb lunch? Carbs always make me tired. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMommyluv384:
    Can you try a no carb lunch? Carbs always make me tired. 

I can see my pasta heavy lunch today is probably part of my problem but it seems to happen regardless. I had a salad with fruit a few days ago and I still hit rock bottom about an hour later. I just need a built in nap time I guess. lol! 

• Loading the player...
  • I feel the same way! I'm not sure these tips are of use, as nothing seems to truly help...

I'd say walk around, drink some water with lemon, go outside in the sunlight, spend an extra couple minutes in the bathroom taking deep breaths (yes, I do this) before rushing back to your computer -- staring at a screen surely doesn't help!

Norah transformed our family January 6, 2013

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I second a brief walk around.  My magic fatigue hour is 6pm.  After that it's hard to get anything done, but if I get up and piddle around the house a little bit to get moving  I can usually make it until about 7:30 or 8 (before I fall to sleep!)
  • imagejterpbride:

I feel the same way! I'm not sure these tips are of use, as nothing seems to truly help...

I'd say walk around, drink some water with lemon, go outside in the sunlight, spend an extra couple minutes in the bathroom taking deep breaths (yes, I do this) before rushing back to your computer -- staring at a screen surely doesn't help!

Good tips. I've been trying to make it a priority to get up and walk every hour. I know as I get further along in this pregnancy it will become a necessity so trying to build the routine now.My BFF worked in our office during her first pregnancy and had a terrible time of swelling later in her pregnancy. With her second she was working from home so she was up and down more, didn't swell at all!

Deep breathes is a good idea . . get the oxygen flowing! 

• imagebrianabrad:

imageMommyluv384:
    Can you try a no carb lunch? Carbs always make me tired. 

I can see my pasta heavy lunch today is probably part of my problem but it seems to happen regardless. I had a salad with fruit a few days ago and I still hit rock bottom about an hour later. I just need a built in nap time I guess. lol! 

Lol yeah pasta makes me sleepy when I'm not pregnant,..unless its the dream field low carb... Sid you get an hour lunch break maybe sleep in the car for 10 minpower nap..I've done it  

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I love car power naps and used to do them all the time before we were moved to a new building. We are downtown now and have to park in a parking garage. I just don't feel comfortable car napping in a parking garage since I would have to have the windows down for air or have the car turned on. I need to find a dark corner to hide in during my lunches!
  • Reyka9Reyka9 member

imagebrianabrad:
    I love car power naps and used to do them all the time before we were moved to a new building. We are downtown now and have to park in a parking garage. I just don't feel comfortable car napping in a parking garage since I would have to have the windows down for air or have the car turned on. I need to find a dark corner to hide in during my lunches!

Perhaps you can build a nap nook under your desk a la George Costanza? ;-)

I don't have any helpful tips, sorry.  My car is parked only a few yards from my desk so I count on the car naps to make it through my day. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageReyka9:

imagebrianabrad:
    I love car power naps and used to do them all the time before we were moved to a new building. We are downtown now and have to park in a parking garage. I just don't feel comfortable car napping in a parking garage since I would have to have the windows down for air or have the car turned on. I need to find a dark corner to hide in during my lunches!

Perhaps you can build a nap nook under your desk a la George Costanza? ;-)

I don't have any helpful tips, sorry.  My car is parked only a few yards from my desk so I count on the car naps to make it through my day. 

I would so do it but I think my coworkers would think I was totally nuts! Maybe once I'm out with the news! 

• MrsLeanMrsLean member
    Try to get lots of protein in your diet during the morning/lunch & try taking frequent little breaks to walk around a bit, get some ice water... I'm a nurse and therefore on my feet all day so I don't get a chance to have a nap during my workday, but I'm exhausted by the time I get home, so I can sympathize!!! I'm trying to eat small amounts throughout the day to keep me going.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I must say afternoons/evenings are the hardest for me.  Nighttime I actually seem to feel a little better, but it's probably because everything is done at that point and I can just veg on the couch.  I just get so sleepy and feel crappy. 

People in their first tri really should be granted a nap time everyday regardless of their employment situation.  It's only fair :)

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm having the same problem!! I also have a desk job and it hits me like a ton of bricks after lunch. I'm not eating much protein since I can't stomach meat and used to drink coffee before pregnancy.  Not sure I have any suggestions, but just wanted to tell you you're not alone! I have also contemplated going out to my car to nap in my parking garage :-) 

The only thing that helps is being very busy.  But if there's any lull I want to snooze! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"