February 2012 Moms
Options

I feel like a weight has been lifted...

When we got pregnant with DD we knew our insurance sucked. Its a high deductible and a high monthly payment but we had to be on DH's employer insurance do to pre-exsisting conditions (we are looking to try to get on private insurance next year). We have always been able to make ends meet but we didnt actually realize how little insurance would pay for things. We have been paying medical bills out of pocket from day one of my pregnancy with my Dr office payments, u/s ect. My final hospital bill finally was submitted to insurance and our balance ended up being tens of thousands of dollars and the monthly payment for it is more than our car payment each month.

When I was talking to the billing office of the hospital to set up payment arrangements the person could tell I was emotional about the payment amount (I started crying when she told me what the amount would be each month) she asked if I stayed home and how many kids I had and then asked me how much my husband made. She said "Honey, you should apply for financial assistance, the worst that could happen is they say no." I talked to Dh that night and we decided to apply and see what happened. Well I just called them to see how my application is going and they said we were approved! They are taking care of 70% of our bill! I cannot begin to describe what a HUGE blessing this is. Now that the baby is here and things have settled we are finally able to start getting our debt paid down!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I feel like a weight has been lifted...

• Options
    God is good. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yay! That is amazing! *hugs*
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LawrenLawren member
    That is awesome news!
  • Options
    noryangnoryang member

Awesome! I cannot imagine what it would be like to have bills left over from the pregnancy/birth. We are spoiled, have amazing insuranece and had 100% coverage. Everyone should have this.

Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• Options
    Amazing!! I had something similar happen to us. DD#2 was in the NICU for eleven days and the medical bills have been INSANE. One of the major hospitals we were at had a charity department and I applied, hoping to get even a few hundred knocked off. They paid off our entire balance of four thousand. :-) Of course, we still have 13k left, but still!! :-) Congratulations on a great day for you! :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Seems like someone is looking out for you! ;)  Congrats!!
    Feb'12 March Siggy Challenge - Lucky Charm
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 - 05.20.11, EDD - 01.31.12, Logan is here! 02.05.12
    BFP #2 - 03.16.11, M/C 03.24.11
    BFP #1 - 10.17.10, Blighted Ovum dx, M/C 01.09.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"