June 2011 Moms
Options

Ds still doesn't like to pick up table foods, anyone else?

He will pick up cherios and puffs but no other table foods. He will eat some if we feed it to him, but he's even picky with that and usually would rather eat pur?es. Anyone else? Is it a concern? How do I get him weaned to table food instead of pur?es?  Also when we switch to wcm, how many oz per day should he get of that vs other food? Tia 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Ds still doesn't like to pick up table foods, anyone else?

• Options

Hmm, I would talk to your pedi.  Ours was concerned at 9 months that DD wasn't eating finger foods (she was gagging on them) and said that by 10 months he expects most babies to tolerate table food (she caught on right after that).  

I was told between 16 - 20 of WCM after one and three meals with 1 -2 snacks.  I try and offer protein at 2 meals, grains at 2 meals fruit 3x a day and veggies 2 -3 times a day.  You can google the serving sizes for a 1 year old.  It's usually 2-3 tables spoons of a food. 

• Options

Ty will pick up table foods, but it's a struggle to ween him to them!  He excels at purees, and snack foods (puffs, cheerios), but we're struggling to get him to swallow table foods.  He chews it up fine, but he can't figure out the swallow part, and stores foods in his cheeks.  Then once it's too much he gags and pukes.  Not pleasant.  

Now we've resorted to literally giving him 1 piece of food at a time (maybe 3 if it's super small), until we know he's swallowed the food.  However, I can't expect DC to do this, so he still gets most of his food through purees.  I will definitely be talking to the pedi about this at his 1-year.  

As for WCM amounts - I have zero idea!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is the same way. He loves puffs and goldfish and cheezits and bananas, but everything else he picks up and throws away. It took him a long time to warm up to purees so I figure it'll happen eventually. If I give him a little piece of something on a spoon he spits it out immediately.
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"