December 2010 Moms
Options

Drama

My husband has two best friends.He is sort of the middle man here. The two other guys don't like each other. Well tonight my husband was talking with one of them & he asked his friend about the girl that this guys been dating. He just simply asked how the relationship was going. Well come to find out the friend he was talking to has been in a 2yr relationship with the other guys Ex.

My Husband says he feels weird now & wishes he never found this out.

He thinks he should tell the one friend,but I say he should stay out of it. What do you guys think?

I hope you understand what I wrote.Its late & I am on my phone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Drama

• Options

When men have drama, it's drama!

I think he should stay out of it especially since he is good friends with both. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Options
    imagedesertlady86:

When men have drama, it's drama!

I think he should stay out of it especially since he is good friends with both. 

I just couldn't think of another title. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If it was something new, I would say he should probably just tell the friend, but since they've been hiding it for two years, I think he should stay out of it.  The other friend needs to be the one to tell him.  Not sure why I think the time period makes a difference, but it does to me. Smile  I guess I think friend with an ex will probably react very poorly to such news and I wouldn't want to be the messenger!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Another vote to stay out of it!
  • Options
    imagepitterpatter129:

If it was something new, I would say he should probably just tell the friend, but since they've been hiding it for two years, I think he should stay out of it.  The other friend needs to be the one to tell him.  Not sure why I think the time period makes a difference, but it does to me. Smile  I guess I think friend with an ex will probably react very poorly to such news and I wouldn't want to be the messenger!

I agree with this! 

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    imageKellog+1:
    imagepitterpatter129:

I agree with this! 

I also agree with this.  Plus, is there any way your DH can tell these guys to stop putting him in the middle?  Zowie, your poor hubs!
  • Options

My husband says he just doesn't want the other guy to think that he (my) husband kept something like that from him. 

• Options
    lrn327lrn327 member
    imageLuckyladyJ:

My husband says he just doesn't want the other guy to think that he (my) husband kept something like that from him. 

I can definitely understand this and neither position is great to be in, but if he wants to stop being put in the middle, getting further involved here probably won't help.  Ugh, men!  Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelrn327:
    imageLuckyladyJ:

I can definitely understand this and neither position is great to be in, but if he wants to stop being put in the middle, getting further involved here probably won't help.  Ugh, men!  Wink

This is the only time he has been in this situation(I call it being The Middle man).

• Options

I'll be the odd woman out, but I think your DH should tell Best Friend 2 about his ex.  It might not go over well, but I think keeping it from Best Friend 2 would be messed up.

On the flip side, I can understand not wanting to get involved.  My sister once found out that her friend's husband was cheating and told her friend.  Sh*t blew up and the woman cut my sister out of her life.  It was her loss though.  My sister was just trying to be a good friend. I still think once you find out vital info like that, you should share it with your friend.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelulu8109:

I'll be the odd woman out, but I think your DH should tell Best Friend 2 about his ex.  It might not go over well, but I think keeping it from Best Friend 2 would be messed up.

On the flip side, I can understand not wanting to get involved.  My sister once found out that her friend's husband was cheating and told her friend.  Sh*t blew up and the woman cut my sister out of her life.  It was her loss though.  My sister was just trying to be a good friend. I still think once you find out vital info like that, you should share it with your friend.

This same thing happened to a friend of mine too. She tried to be the bigger person by telling her friend that her boyfriend was cheating on her, but it blew up in her face and then the couple ended up getting married, and they are no longer friends with her.

I think he should probably stay out of it. Pretend he doesn't know! 

• Options
    imagejanneann1127:
    imagelulu8109:

This same thing happened to a friend of mine too. She tried to be the bigger person by telling her friend that her boyfriend was cheating on her, but it blew up in her face and then the couple ended up getting married, and they are no longer friends with her.

I think he should probably stay out of it. Pretend he doesn't know! 

Its so irritating that people always get mad at the wrong person!

Somehow in these situations the honest friend that is looking out for you is the bad guy and the lying cheater is forgiven! So backwards.

This really is a tough one. I would want to tell my friend and not hide things from him. But being the messenger is a tough job and it could mean losing both of them as friends.  

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think I would vote for telling best friend #2. I don't think that BF2 would be mad at your husband over that...right?! Or maybe he doesn't care so he's like, "why did you even tell me that?" in a mad tone, but if he doesn't care then he won't be mad for long. If he does care he will be mad at BF#1 because he doesn't like that guy as much anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"