Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Not sure what to do

I am really torn.  I know its a ways off but it has already been brought up.  my grandmother is planning a baby shower for me that will probably be at my aunts and well my aunt has a problem with my sisters signifient other.  So as to not make it weird we talked about not having any guys come so we wouldn't have to single him out, but now the d2b is not sure if he wants to come if there aren't going to be other men there.  I really want the d2b to be there but i don't wnat him to feel out of place eaither.  I just really don't know what to do.

Re: Not sure what to do

• Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member

You have several options: Remember a shower is a celebration for your baby. Maybe you need to remind all parties about this. You need to decide if you want men at this party regardless of the dad's feelings (see comment 1 for explanation)

1.Tell the Dad to grow up and start acting like an adult (if you want him there as mentioned).  Sometimes we do things not b/c we want to but b/c we love someone and want to show our support. 

2. Ask for a neutral venue so you're not obligated to follow your aunts house rules.

3. Tell sis her SO is not invited 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My sister threw my shower at my house, and my DH left while the shower was going on. Showers are really more girly. He can always come at the end to help pack up the things.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wouldn't make him go.  Mine was fun for just girls.  The men came at the end, ate the leftovers and packed up the car!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"