Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

So frustrated (long vent)

So last week I had a pre-natal appt that was rolled into a m/c followup appt at my dr's office. They were aware prior to me coming in of the m/c because I had been in the previous Friday because of the m/c. My appt was not with my dr or the nurse practioner that I normally see, but a visiting dr. That was fine. She was fantastic. However they were completely unprepared for me. They didn't have all the bloodwork results back from the weekend or anything. I just went with the flow for that appt.

So she told me to get more bloodwork done this week and we would proceed from there as to what would happen next. I asked when I should book my next appt, but she told me to wait until I got the blood done.

I went to the lab on Tuesday and called the dr's office today to follow up with them. I really want to know what my levels are like. I want to see a big ol'0 and know that this is all done with now.

Well, I got put on hold for 10 mins. Than when I finally spoke to "someone", she was just not able to help me at all. I explained that I wanted to know the results of the bloodwork, whether my levels had dropped down to normal after having m/c last week. She said "I don't know what you want me to tell you. I don't know what I am looking at here."

I explained again, S-L-O-W-L-Y. I just want to know what is supposed to happen next.

Someone on phone:  The dr you saw has gone back to her own practice.

Me: okay, what about my dr.

Someone on phone:  well, I will leave a note for your dr to call you.... they won't be in the office again for another week or so. I hope that's alright.

Me: NO, That's not alright. I had a m/c last week and all I have gotten is the run around. All I want is answers and a game plan. I don't care who calls me back with my information any of the dr's or nurses that can tell me anything would be okay. I just want to know my results.

SOP:   I just don't really understand what you are looking for

##HEAD DESK##

ME (getting upset at this point): M/C are not uncommon, there must be some protocol for dealing with the aftermath of m/c. Someone there should be able to know what I am looking for.

SOP: Okay, well I will see if I can find someone to get back to you in the next couple of days.

Seriously!?!?!!?!? This whole experience has me questioning the health care I have available to me.

Sorry for the long one, I just had to vent somewhere so I didn't start crying here in my office.

Re: So frustrated (long vent)

• Wow - that is unacceptable. So you were talking to a nurse (or maybe receptionist) at an OB's office and she didn't know how to read a beta hcg number? I would call again and ask to talk to her supervisor. Tell her that if it turns out your numbers are going up, then that indicates you retained tissue and will need a D&C to prevent an infection from possibly making you infertile for life. It's not just that you're impatient and want to know your levels for the heck of it.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• fabkfabk member

I am not sure if it was a nurse or just someone else. It's my family health team, which is a stupid set up. The nearest OB is 2 hours away, so I have to deal with them.

The sad thing is I told the receptionist what I wanted, and she put me through to this other lady. Plus, if I hadn't called to follow up, they wouldn't have called me for weeks, if at all.

So far my experience with this "team" has been not so great, so I am not really sure why I am so surprised.

If I don't hear back by tomorrow morning, I am going to go in and talk to them.

I am just so frustrated at the lack of information I have been given since I went in for spotting and ended up m/c.

• Loading the player...
  • i too have had a terrible experience with my OB office. I cannot wait for all of this ordeal to be over so i find a new Dr. As soon as my Hcg hits 0, im out of there! I am so sorry you are having a frustrating experience as well! 

BFP #1 4/10/12, lost at 8 weeks.
    BFP #2 EDD 4/18/13. Its a Boy!

• imagefabk:

I am not sure if it was a nurse or just someone else. It's my family health team, which is a stupid set up. The nearest OB is 2 hours away, so I have to deal with them.

The sad thing is I told the receptionist what I wanted, and she put me through to this other lady. Plus, if I hadn't called to follow up, they wouldn't have called me for weeks, if at all.

So far my experience with this "team" has been not so great, so I am not really sure why I am so surprised.

I am just so frustrated at the lack of information I have been given since I went in for spotting and ended up m/c.

Definitely do this. You have a right to see your records, so if they refuse to talk to you about it, tell them you want to see them yourself, and hopefully you can read your hcg numbers. While you're at it, you could ask them to copy your records so you can go look for a new OB. That ought to get them moving...

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• fabkfabk member
    imagekelly321:
    imagefabk:

Definitely do this. You have a right to see your records, so if they refuse to talk to you about it, tell them you want to see them yourself, and hopefully you can read your hcg numbers. While you're at it, you could ask them to copy your records so you can go look for a new OB. That ought to get them moving...

They just called about getting into an OB. Which is another long story in itself. I can't get into the one I want to, so they are going to try and get me into any that will take me, however the waitlist is a couple of months long (we have to have referral to get into an OB from another dr, usually your family dr. None of them are closer than 2 hours away and deal with a large area for patients). Very discouraging.

I asked this lady about my HCG level. She didn't want to comment, as the case had been handed over to another dr. So now I have to wait for him to call me.

I may get free health care, but the quality of it in Rural communities is absolutely sickening. I can't wait to move closer to a bigger city at some point.

• Wow.... just wow.  Indifferent

How are people that stupid and insensitive???

I'm sorry a million times over that you had to go through that.  And I hope you get some real answers soon.

• LovenizLoveniz member
    I'm sorry that is very frustrating. Like a PP mentioned I would call back and ask for the nurse....you were probably talking to the receptionist. Hope you get your answers soon. 
    TTC #1 Since Oct 2011
    BFP #1 4/29/12 m/c 5/18/12 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/28/12 EDD 5/10/13 MC 9/22/12 at 6w4d
    BFP #3 12/31/12 EDD 9/12/13

Me Dx: DOR   DH: all tests normal
    Our Pretty Little Nest Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"