Food Allergy

My parents offered to take my twins away this weekend...

My parents offered to take my twins for the weekend. My husband and I would love love love some "time off," but I'm a nervous wreck about letting them go. DD has many food allergies, some are life threatening. My parents are well aware of her allergies, and have been trained on the epi pen. I would send safe meals and snacks for her, and I trust my parents to not give her anything else. They'll be 20 months old tomorrow, and I've never been away from them over night. I think I'd have a hard time  no matter what, but having to worry about someone slipping and me not being there...make me so worried. What would you do?  Should I send them?

Thanks!

allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, eggs, sesame, soy, mustard, coconut

Re: My parents offered to take my twins away this weekend...

• Uggg...that is hard!  There are only a couple of people I trust to manage the allergies at our house.  It's a lot to ask of someone who doesn't live it every day.

But, if you are going to pack food and snacks and your parents know not to feed anything you haven't provided...I say you go for it.  Would an overnight make you more comfortable as opposed to a full weekend?

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• That would be a HUGE HELL NO for me...but I dont have anyone that takes the allergies seriously. I havent left mine with anyone, ever...I can barely leave them with DH on the weekends so i can go to work.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"