Baby Showers

Baby Shower Theme

Hi Ladies,

Anyone have cute ideas for an October baby? The shower will be in late August and the second in September. Our baby has a nickname already (Little Foot) because DH and I both have small feet and everyone thinks our baby will have very tiny feet...so we want to do a play on the nickname for the shower. I was thinking penguins/penguin feet? But Im not sure where to go with it. Any ideas would be great!

BabyFruit Ticker
Married to my best friend 7/17/10 First bundle of joy expected 10/12/12 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Shower Theme

• Are you hosting your own shower? Have you asked your hostess what she wants to do?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CranangCranang member

imagephq2011:
    Are you hosting your own shower? Have you asked your hostess what she wants to do?

::waiting::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • mlangsmlangs member
    imageCranang:

imagephq2011:
    Are you hosting your own shower? Have you asked your hostess what she wants to do?

I think we all are...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Little Foot is the dinosaur in "The Land Before Time" movies - but that's a dated pop culture reference, lol.  I don't know if you'd find any stuff from that movie.
  • imageMandJS:
    imagemlangs:
    imageCranang:

imagephq2011:

I think we all are...

The lack of response makes me think she is, in fact, hosting her own shower. 

I am getting to the point that I was thinking the same thing.... Please OP don't be tacky.... 

• Sorrry ladies I am a full time working mommy to be and the internet at my job was down. I am working with my mother and mother in law on both of my showers. I have no sisters and my best friends are males....I dont forsee the men helping out in a creative manner. I also do parties and events on the side, but I can't seem to find anything other than happy feet to go with. So to answer your question my mother and mother in law are hosting...but they have no clue as to what to do or a theme.

Married to my best friend 7/17/10 First bundle of joy expected 10/12/12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • And no need to call me tacky....I am still new to the bump....and I dont get notifications via email on my phone.....thank you all for your input but I could definitely do without the negativity.
  • Good for you AJ8688! - I was feeling the negativity too just reading the thread.  I can understand helping to plan your own shower, as I think I will be doing the same.  You can go with whatever theme YOU like and what mean something special to you.  But just reading through, Happy Feet did come to my mind first because you mentioned the penguins.  But maybe instead of a character theme, you could do baby footprints on most of your decor and favors.  (I picture pink, blue and yellow baby foot prints...) this way, you are not pinned down to one specific character. Unless that penguin is your theme for other thing (i.e. nursery?)  Just thoughts...good luck!
  • Ignor them. I find it so funny that more people respond to posts to correct what they think is tacky then to answer acctually questions about hosting showers and planning and all the fun things.

I think penquins are cute.

• imagemdharris29:

Ignor them. I find it so funny that more people respond to posts to correct what they think is tacky then to answer acctually questions about hosting showers and planning and all the fun things.

I think penquins are cute.

This! Sounds like a cute theme! GL!

• Check out my pinterest page...I have tons of ideas for Team pink, blue, and green baby showers as well as specialty themed showers as well. 

Good luck! 

• Pitter patter of little feet...
    photo photo_zps4ea6bdf2.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you ladies for your support! My cousin suggested I use an arctic theme since the baby's room will most likely follow an arctic/penguin theme and use the little footprints of penguins to focus on the "Little Foot" theme....unless of course we can find the dinosaur "little foot"....but I doubt I'd find very many things with that character! Thanks again for your input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"