February 2013 Moms
Options

Any other 2nd time moms induced the first time?

I was induced with my son 3 days before my due date because of preeclampsia so I never had to go through any of the waiting at home for the contractions to start and all of that. I was sort of in control since I knew 2 days before when I was heading to the hospital. So I have to admit I am a tad nervous about the unknown about this all. I know it will be fine and I am REALLY not that nervous about it, but its just something I did not experience the first time around.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any other 2nd time moms induced the first time?

• Options

DS showed up early (almost 2 weeks). I was not prepared at all! I had just started my maternity leave and had about a whole 5 days off before he showed up. I blame being stressed out at my job (middle school teacher). I ran around that day trying to tie up loose ends while having contractions before checking into the hospital at around 5pm that day.

I'm a little nervous about the next one pulling the same stunt. Everyone tells me that the next baby comes faster than the last and I can just imagine not getting to the hospital in time this timeSurprise

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jas9210jas9210 member
    I was also induced because of preeclampsia at 38 weeks 2 days. Im hoping to go into labor on my own this time since I didn't get to experience it last time. I am looking forward to (hopefully) be able to sit at home in suspense and wonder when this LO will make their debut! Although it would drive me a little crazy too lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RosyBeeRosyBee member
    I was induced? but after my due date. pitocin and all that...didn't go into labor on my own. Actually quite nervous about how things are going to play out this time. Had a doula last time and don't think I can afford it this time around...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lswivellswivel member
    I was induced 3 days before my due date because I was in labor but not progressing so we decided to induce. I am a little scared of the waiting at home for something to happen too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was induced 3 weeks before my due date because of preeclampsia. I'm actually terrified of just waiting to go into labor. I think its just because it is the part of pregnancy I never really experienced. 
    Photobucket Photobucket
    Diagnosed w/ Endo 9/18/09
    On continuous BC until April 2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am glad I am not the only one worried about this!!!

I really hope I dont have to be induced again, it would be nice to experience the at home part, even though I have no experience on that part!!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dhea502dhea502 member
    I was induced a week before my due date for swelling and high blood pressure. I am so worried that we will have to go through that again. I feel the same way!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"