Working Moms
Options

In home daycare

How do you go about finding an in home daycare besides getting referalls from friends?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: In home daycare

• Options

In our state (MD), there is a website that lists licensed daycare providers, which is how we found ours.   We narrowed the list down by location, hours needed, etc. and started interviewing people until we found someone we liked.  

We then checked public criminal records to make sure her name wasn't there, and well as state records about inspections on her home as it relates to daycare rules and regulations.

Maybe your state has a website that lists licensed providers?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    QueSrahQueSrah member
    In addition to yoru state, your county might have its own list of licensed providers.  My county keeps a list by zip code, which is really helpful.
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto bridetobe.  I'm in MD too and that's how I found ours.  I searched based on my address and found her - only 5 doors away!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    To add- I did a search for "maryland child care" and the site was the first one that came up.  So try a search like that for your state.  You may find a simliar site.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Jills83Jills83 member

We found ours through a craigslist ad.  After we did a phone interview and then met her we looked into her background.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We found ours through my DH's boss. They took their little girl there and other women that work with DH said our provider was wonderful. We really lucked out.

But I ditto what other's say about getting on your state's website. Our state's DHS website has a list of licensed in home providers and I believe you can even get in and see any reports on them.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am in home provider and thought I would come out of lurking to help you out. Your local YMCA might have a "Childcare Resource" network. Check their website. The list only has licensed Childcare providers.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I used metrodaycare.com It came up with lists of all licensed providers by area. I called first based on location and did lots of interviews. We LOVE our home daycare!
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    kmwillskmwills member

I used care.com and sittercity.com.  They have background checks and references available.

I found the in home we used until just recently via care.com, and it worked out great.  We switched this week because the DCP's schedule changed and she couldn't watch DD any longer.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"