Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How do you know if your baby is gassy?

How do you know if your baby is gassy? She seems a little fussy and farts all the time! She hasn't gone to the bathroom since yesterday and yesterday she only went twice. Would gas drops help? I am a FTM so decoding all of this stuff makes my head spin.

Re: How do you know if your baby is gassy?

• If your baby cries a lot and their stomach is tight those are signs that they may have gas issues. Personally I don't think the gas drops work. We do a lot of bicycling of the legs. I try to get several burps out of her. Good luck!

• imagejcsntms06:
    If your baby cries a lot and their stomach is tight those are signs that they may have gas issues. Personally I don't think the gas drops work. We do a lot of bicycling of the legs. I try to get several burps out of her. Good luck!

This is what worked for us too...burping like crazy and bicycling legs. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • yeah my baby girl poops, pees, farts - she does it all! BUT every day she is tightening her legs and crying bc he hurts to push it out. The pedi says they don't have control of their ab muscles yet so its a right of passage basically for all newborns. Luckily it doesnt sound like your baby is constipated so thats great. I do the bicycles and I did get the gripe water just to see if it helps. It does sometimes... sometimes not. But lots of burping too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She is super fussy while she sleeps...wriggles her body, grunts, red face, etc.  It is somewhat normal for newborns.  We try and burp a lot and bicycle her legs.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i'm a third-time mom and decoding these things still makes my head spin! Like PPs said, try bicycling LO's legs as well as giving gas drops.

Another thing you can try is to cover a Q-tip in vaseline and insert it into the rectum to help the baby release gas. You don't put it in very far, and from what my mom says you will hear it so you know when to stop. I personally have not tried this method, though. My mom says it worked like a charm on my sister, and that's what our pedi recommended back in the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"