August 2012 Moms

Another stroller post...

DH and I registered for a standard stroller travel system - he later noticed/realized that they make jogging strollers (he wasn't too into the whole registering thing when we went, and wasn't paying much attention at the time).  Well, here's my question - neither of us are runners/joggers.  He thinks the jogger would be better to have 'just in case' we were to go to a park or somewhere that we would be pushing it on grass/dirt, the bigger wheels would make it easier to push.  He also said that he 'might' decide to take baby for a job (I highly doubt this will ever happen!)  This being said, in looking at reviews, it seems as if the jogging stroller/travel systems get worse reviews than the standard 4 wheel systems.  There are a ton of complaints about the front tire wobbling, and difficulty turning corners while walking.  I used to babysit for people who had a jogger, and can remember not being able to really turn corners well -- but from what I've learned now, I'm thinking the front wheel lock may have been on.  If we don't intend on jogging at least a few times a week, is it worth it for a jogging stroller, or would the standard type be better/easier.  Also, it seems as if the joggers are much bigger when folded up, and harder to transport.

Re: Another stroller post...

• We got the BOB because there are several dirt walking trails around our neighborhood and city, however I've heard the Baby Jogger City Minis are a great/less expensive alternative.

I was conviced by several of my friends to not get the travel systems - they are soooo bulky and you are limited on where you take them. If you're going to get a larger stroller, might as well get a sporty one since the majority of the time we will be using outdoors for walks and such.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • TwizzleTwizzle member
    Joggers are much easier to manuever if the front wheel can lock and unlock.  When it's locked, it's great for jogging but a lot harder to turn on corners.  We never had a travel system so I can't compare the bulkiness when folded but we haven't ever had an issue with transporting the jogger around.  I was really glad we had a stroller that was more durable than a travel system, but we also went to the park a lot for walking and jogging too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought a Chicco travel system because we liked that car seat the best and my SIL has the same one and has no complaints on size, ease of use, etc. We also wanted a stroller we could use when DD and I will go watch DH play softball, go to the park, etc. I'm not a jogger but I'm hoping to get into it next summer, we'll see. So for us it seemed like a smart decision to buy a cheaper jogger that would make it through this first child. That way we could see how much use we will get out of it and once we have another child we will have to buy a double stroller. We didn't want to buy an expensive stroller then have to buy another expensive double stroller in two-ish years.

Our jogger is a Baby Trend and it's on sale at Target right now for $80 with awesome reviews.

Oh and we also have a Chicco umbrella stroller. I got it used for $15 and it's in mint condition. So for 1 car seat and 3 strollers, we have spent a total of $350 (shipping and all). This is less than most of those spendy joggers and now we have 3 strollers to fit all of our needs.

imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"