Trying to Get Pregnant

most embarrasing AF story

I know you all have them, let's hear 'em.

Mine was when I was playing tennis.  In high school I kept a few pads and tampons in my tennis bag just in case I needed them while at a match or tournament.  I forgot about them and years later was playing with a friend.  I must have unzipped that comparment on my bag and they fell out onto the court so I was going to get them once the point ended.  But then the wind picked up and they blew onto the next court where these two older guys were playing.  The one said to the other, "Uh oh Max, are those yours"?  and they were laughing.

I ran over and got them, with a beat red face I am sure. I normally don't get too embarrased about it since yeah I'm a girl, I carry tampons, but blowing across an old guy's tennis court is another story Embarrassed 

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

Re: most embarrasing AF story

• Oh man. My mom wouldn't let me wear tampons until she thought I was "responsible enough" whatever that means. BUT I played volleyball in middle school...in the pre "responsible" phase. With spandex shorts. A big 'ol maxi pad crammed into tiny spandex shorts, all crinkled up. Lots of bending over and diving and jumping involved. Not a pretty sight...

Gamedays were the worst...there's a whole audience watching your ass half the time. It's also not so easy to control leakage when your pad is up your asscrack and/or halfway across one cheek...or so says me, who learned the hard way. Sorry random moms on the bleachers for my inappropriate bleedage!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Unfortunately, I think I can top that.

When I was in college, I was in a hurry to get to class and ran into the en suite bathroom I shared with my roommate to change my tampon. I had some trouble getting the tampon out and kind of yanked it, making it swing some as it came out. I threw it away, went to the bathroom, put in a new one, and left for class. When I came back, my roommate goes, "Um, the wall in our bathroom is bleeding." I walked in and realized that a bit of blood from the tampon that I pulled out with a bit of force must have hit the wall and stuck (I have no idea how it actually happened, that's just the best guess I have). I of course cleaned it up immediately, and I'm sure my roommate had a vague idea of what had happened, but we never said another word about it. To this day, though, I cringe when I think of it. Embarrassed 

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • I was 15 and living with a family in France for a month.  They took me on a weekend trip and we stayed in this cute B&B in the Loire river valley. 

I was sleeping in a queen sized bed with their daughter who was also my age.  I woke up in a pool of blood and didn't have any pads with me.  It was awful.  The mom went to a drugstore and got me tampons; which I had never used before.  I had to figure out the directions in French, but I got it in. 

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • Probably 6 or 7 years ago, I was laying on DH's parents' couch (at the time he was my boyfriend), and when I got up, he said, "What's on the back of your pants?" Turns out I had bled through my pad, and underwear, and jeans! There was a red stain on my butt. I was so embarrassed.  

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• imagealmostjennifer:
      I had to figure out the directions in French, but I got it in. 

That's what she said. 

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
  • In college during a heavy period day. I ended up clogging the toilet with my tapon and toilet paper. The male janitor had to be called to bring a plunger, and he sat there plunging out my tampon and TP and then put on gloves to discard it. FML 
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my tampon string slip out while I was playing beach volleyball with a bunch of cute guys. After that episode, I started cutting the string a little shorter.

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I walked home from church once only to find out that my pad had slipped and there was a huge (bigger than my palm) stain of blood on the back of my denim skirt. No one said anything, but there is no way anyone who had walked behind me hadn't noticed.

Our church was 3 hours long, switching to three different areas, so it's entirely possibly that the stain occurred in the first hour session and I was walking around church with it too. So embarrassing!

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • I was on a convoy while deployed and had to explain why I took so long in the bathroom because they(all men) were waiting for me. Nothing shuts men up faster than telling them you had to change your tampon. They gave me so much flak for it. A-holes. They're like my brothers though so you learn to not let it bother you anymore. 

CJ 05/29/2013

• I was 9 when I got my first period. I didn't know what was happening to me since my mom had yet to tell me about my monthly visitor. Even though the doctor told her to tell me. She thought I was too young and the doctor was in idiot.

The day that I did get it since I didn't know what was going on, I ran to my teacher and told her there was blood in my panties, so she takes me to the hall and screams to our teacher's aide (what was down the hall) "MARY!!! SABRINA GOT HER FIRST PERIOD, CAN YOU HELP HER GET CLEANED UP?!?!?!" I was crying and no one would tell me what a period was.

All the kids in the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade classes heard her yell. Everyone knew what happened to me by the time recess rolled around that day. All I could was cry. I thought having a period was the worst thing ever.

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelobosabby:

I was 9 when I got my first period. I didn't know what was happening to me since my mom had yet to tell me about my monthly visitor. Even though the doctor told her to tell me. She thought I was too young and the doctor was in idiot.

The day that I did get it since I didn't know what was going on, I ran to my teacher and told her there was blood in my panties, so she takes me to the hall and screams to our teacher's aide (what was down the hall) "MARY!!! SABRINA GOT HER FIRST PERIOD, CAN YOU HELP HER GET CLEANED UP?!?!?!" I was crying and no one would tell me what a period was.

All the kids in the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade classes heard her yell. Everyone knew what happened to me by the time recess rolled around that day. All I could was cry. I thought having a period was the worst thing ever.

Tongue Tied  Wow. That was a serious fail on the part of the teacher. Also a little on your mom's part, although I don't know that I would think it was urgent I tell my 9-year-old about periods, either.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• 1.) I was a late bloomer and didnt have my first period till i was almost 15. My parents were out of town for a week and my brother and I were staying at my grandmothers when I started.  Well of course my grandmother had nothing in the house and she didnt drive so she had to call her friend next door to take me to the store to buy supplies. I was mortified!!

2.)  I was on coumadin for 7 months after a blood clot in my leg and my periods were horrible!!! Do you know they make Ultra tampons that hold three times more than a regular tampon and I was still changing them every hour. I had to get up three or more times at night.  One night our toilet wouldnt flush and was backing up into the basement. The plumber came out and said the whole line was backed up with tampons, Not my greatest day!!  DH was not a happy camper!

BabyFruit Ticker ~~~Married Sept 9, 2006~~~BFP#1 7/4/12 EDD 03/13/13~~~ Proud momma of three Boxers Chloe, Zeus and Freedom!
  • Mine was just this last Christmas when we were visiting DH's family. I had just had a miscarriage the month before and was getting my first "real" period. My doctor suggested I use pads still, so I did. My period was pretty f'ing heavy. DH and I were sitting on the couch in his parent's den watching a movie, and one of his brothers was in there too. I got up to go to the bathroom - when I was in the bathroom I saw that my pad must not have been positioned right b/c I bled through my white sweatpants. I went upstairs and changed, only to see that not only did I bleed through my pants, but it had gone onto the couch cushion. I was horrified. I sat over the bloody spot until his brother left (like an hour or 2 later) and then scrubbed the shizz out of the cushion. I basically got it all out, thankfully. To this day, I have no idea if the brother-in-law saw anything, but DH did. Seriously embarrasing. 
    Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

• One of my first periods in 8th grade, I bled through my pad and all the way up the buttcrack of my jeans. I didn't notice and my mom pointed it out after school. I still don't know how long I walked around like that. 
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • I was 14 and a group of us were rehearsing for a school play. It was at the end of the school day and it was my turn to sing. I had been sitting on a cushioned chair and when I stood up to sing my few lines of the song I looked down and noticed that I had bled through my pants and onto the cushion. 

I was mortified but I sang my part of the song but I was so embarrassed that I wasn't doing a very good job. I was trying to stand in front of my chair so that no one would see it. I just wanted to run out of there but my teacher kept making me sing over and over again.

After we were done I bolted out of there and hid in a bathroom stall until the bell rang. I ran to my school bus almost in tears because I know that everyone there besides the teacher had seen it. Thankfully no one brought it up. 

• My stepmom would never let me use tampons because she thought it would make me comfortable with having things in my vagina and I would turn into a slutmuffin or something.  I also had ridiculously awful periods until I was able to get on BCP in college;they averaged 15 days and were super heavy (I once bled for 27 days straight...that in and of itself was pretty terrible).

But one day when I was in seventh grade, I had art first period (first period, mind you, so like maybe 90 minutes after I would have changed my pad).  Well my horrible period made me bleed through, so not only was it all over my butt, it was all over my chair.  I was lucky enough that I was able to clean up the chair without anyone noticing, but I bled through so often at school that when other girls would bleed through, they'd come to me for advice.  It was pretty mortifying.  I kept a dark colored sweatshirt in my locker at all times just in case.  A few times the nurse actually sent me home or made my dad bring me new pants.

Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • I was an extra in the movie It Takes Two with the Olsen twins. I was 13 and had just started having my period and had never used used a tampon before. We were told we might be swimming so I wanted to be prepared. I didn't know what it felt like to have a tampon in, so I didn't notice when I started leaking. I ended up having to wrap my plaid shirt around my waist and hope no one noticed. Then I had to wash my pants for the next day because we had to wear the same outfit.
  • imagesynchrosally:
    I was an extra in the movie It Takes Two with the Olsen twins. I was 13 and had just started having my period and had never used used a tampon before. We were told we might be swimming so I wanted to be prepared. I didn't know what it felt like to have a tampon in, so I didn't notice when I started leaking. I ended up having to wrap my plaid shirt around my waist and hope no one noticed. Then I had to wash my pants for the next day because we had to wear the same outfit.

I loved It Takes Two when I was younger. I don't know how many times I watched that movie.  

• imageamiet79:

imagesynchrosally:
    I was an extra in the movie It Takes Two with the Olsen twins. I was 13 and had just started having my period and had never used used a tampon before. We were told we might be swimming so I wanted to be prepared. I didn't know what it felt like to have a tampon in, so I didn't notice when I started leaking. I ended up having to wrap my plaid shirt around my waist and hope no one noticed. Then I had to wash my pants for the next day because we had to wear the same outfit.

I loved It Takes Two when I was younger. I don't know how many times I watched that movie.  

Yes 

I remember having that movie on VHS (YES, I said VHS lol) and I watched it sooo much that the audio slowly went out and then eventually the picture was all messed up and I ended up throwing it out. But I have watched it on ABCFamily about a month or so ago.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What an entertaining thread.. I needed a good laugh. :)

When I was 14, I was taking private music lessons from an older gentleman in our town.  About halfway through our lesson, I needed to take a bathroom break.  As I was walking out of the room, I happened to glance down and see a quarter-sized red spot on this gleaming white folding chair.  I was mortified and wanted to cry, but of course, I couldn't react -- just pray he didn't notice it.

Luckily, he was nice and never said anything.. but I know he had to have seen it.. I mean, he was sitting alone in that tiny room waiting on me to come back from the bathroom. Leaving the bathroom and coming back to the lesson was the ultimate 'walk of shame'!!

TTC #1 since April 2011

BFP #1: June 7, 2012 -- EDD 2/15/13 -- MMC 8/13/12 (stopped growing at 11w) -- D&C 8/17/12

BFP #2: November 10, 2012 -- EDD 7/22/13 -- Hudson Reid

• When I was in college I went home with my boyfriend for Thanksgiving. We stayed at his sisters house and slept on her white couch. My period had stopped the day before so my bf and I went at it like crazy. Yep, the sex caused me bleed a little more all over that pretty white couch. The worst part was that we still had to eat dinner the next day and his family was cracking jokes about it the whole time.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekelly321:
    imagelobosabby:

I was 9 when I got my first period. I didn't know what was happening to me since my mom had yet to tell me about my monthly visitor. Even though the doctor told her to tell me. She thought I was too young and the doctor was in idiot.

Tongue Tied  Wow. That was a serious fail on the part of the teacher. Also a little on your mom's part, although I don't know that I would think it was urgent I tell my 9-year-old about periods, either.

My mom says to this day that this teacher was the dumbest she'd ever met. My mom still apologizes to this day to me for this. She said the Dr. warned her when I had my back to school physical (I was REALLY physically mature for my age) that it could start at any time. My mom was 10 when she got her first, I have no idea if this has anything to do with it or not, but yeah it's scary to think that my reproduction systems was working that early.Embarrassed

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • okay I was a super late blommer in the AF department. I was 19 and put on BCP because I had not had a natural period yet.

I went over to my friends house for a sleep over and went down stairs where my girlfriends were hanging out. I walked into the room and asked them about using tampons and just kept rambling about them (because I wasn't sure how to use them) and they burst out laugh.Then I heard the boys laugh, in my friends basement they have a ledge and a couch right behind it I had not walked all the way into the room yet, so I did not see that 5 of our close guy friends had also come over too. I was beyond mortified, and have not lived it down to this day. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"