Babies: 0 - 3 Months

2 parts, awake all day and how much are you feeding your LO?

My 3 week old has been awake ALL day.  He stretches his head back and his face turns red.  He isn't extremely fussy but won't sleep and wants to be held. Is it gas?  Nothing and normal?    If gas, do you do anything for it?     

Question 2:  how often and how much does your LO eat.  Mine seems to be Much hungrier this week.  He is small, 6 lbs at birth.  He is up to 3 oz or so every 2 1/2 - 3 hrs.   

Re: 2 parts, awake all day and how much are you feeding your LO?

• My baby is 3 1/2 weeks old also, and yes, he ALSO has been up most of the day. Starting at 2 weeks, he started doing this. And he was not able to be put to sleep in the day. He did it for 2 days straight and 3rd day was very tired and crashed a lot during the day. His schedule is erratic. Again, yesterday, awake from the morning until about 8pm! Today, been sleeping since 6pm, but was awake until then. His pediatrician says every baby is different, and if that suits him and he is not in distress it's fine. Mine has also been eating more. I think its the 3 week growth spur. He eats about 4 oz every 3 hours...

• At our 2 month check up, my LO was eating 3 oz every 3 hours during the day and the ped said that was fine.  She also said that most new moms feed their babies WAY too much.  He gets disinterested and sleepy after 3 oz so we stop feeding him.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Part 1 - could be constipation.  Are you ff or bf?  We ff, and I've found that with the current heat, making the formula with the water level precisely on the line makes DD constipated.  One extra splash of water per bottle and she pees a ton more, but she doesn't have round hard poops.

Part 2:  BF is very bm dependent, but the general rule of thumb for ff is 2.5 oz per lb of baby per 24 hours.  So, DD is currently 12 lbs, and consumes roughly 30 oz per day on average.  She does 6 oz every 3 hours or so from 6AM-9PM, and usually sleeps from 9pm-6am.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"