Cloth Diapering

About flips....

I lurked and searched and couldn't find quite what I wanted so here it goes:

1. Why do you love your flip covers? (I like the idea of it being OS)

2. When were you able to start using them on your NB? ( I want to get a guesstimate so I know how many NB covers to buy. They say they fit at 8lbs, but I doubt it...)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: About flips....

• imagehailyf:

I lurked and searched and couldn't find quite what I wanted so here it goes:

1. Why do you love your flip covers? (I like the idea of it being OS)

Eh, I wouldn't say I love them, but they are cheap and come in cute colors.  And we haven't had any leaks with them yet. 

2. When were you able to start using them on your NB? ( I want to get a guesstimate so I know how many NB covers to buy. They say they fit at 8lbs, but I doubt it...)

I didn't buy any Flips until DD was about 5 months old, but my guess would be that they'd fit around 12 lbs.  The leg elastic just doesn't seem as tight as most OS diapers, like BG 4.0.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started using flips on my daughter about a week or so ago and she was maybe around 9 lbs.  I have one with aplix and one with snaps, and I like the snaps a lot more.  The fit is good for my daughter and I like that where the waist snaps attach to the diaper it stretches a little bit so you know it accommodates her movements well.  I like the color choices they have too.  Nickis has a buy 2 get one free sale right now...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • lindy27lindy27 member
    I just started using our CD's this week, LO was 3.5 weeks old when we started.  She was born at 7lb, 2 oz and is probably around 9 pounds now.  So far the Flips, BG 4.0 and Fuzzibunz all fit.  Sure they look huge on her but we have had no leaks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • I love them because they are a trimmer fit than many covers, are more reusable than many (as long as the PUL isn't soiled you can wipe and reuse) and the leg elastics are gentle on DS's chubby thighs. Even my non-CDing sister has commented on the good fit of the Flips. Plus they are cheap and have pretty colors.

I dom't know how well they would do for NB under 12 lbs or so since the leg elastics are looser than some.
  • I don't love them.  I prefer covers with double gussets like, RaR, BB coveralls, Weehuggers, Thirsties, Bummis superbrite.  The leg holes are loose and large IMO.  I don't like they way the flip insert bunches and shifts around, and they are a weird size over fitteds.  They are okay, but not my first (or second) choice.

When they will fit your LO depends on their weight and age.  They won't fit a 10 NB, but they probably will fit a 10 lb 8 week old.  NB just don't have enough fat on their legs/thighs to fit into OS covers without leaking. 

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • L0L0L0L0 member
    We have used them since LO was about 9 lbs, almost always over a prefold and snappi, and they have worked really well. I like that they are stretchy. I also think they are holding up better than our thirsties covers, which are starting to show some wear (at least the Velcro ones), and LO isn't even 3 months old yet. 
  • My DD started wearing them at 9lb 6oz  when she was 4 wks. I like them better than my thirsties duo, because they aren't nearly as stiff! I use snappied prefolds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"