Pregnant after IF
Options

Where to get the info?

I'm especially concerned about foods - what I can and cannot eat.  Can you recommend a good resource to get this info?  I was pointed to one book that was supposedly "the best written book on pre-pregnancy and pregnancy nutrition out there" but it is boring as sin to read... I haven't even gotten to the part about what to eat and what to avoid yet!

I'm only 5w3d - I haven't even had my first u/s - and I'm not having any food aversions yet so I haven't change my diet much.  I know to avoid deli meats and some fish some so I haven't had any, but I hope everything else I'm eating is okay and not hurting baby.

Thanks for your help, ladies! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where to get the info?

• Options
    I've always referenced this list from the APA - however, your OB is also likely to give you a list of foods to avoid.  You're not sharing a blood supply with the baby yet so it's ok to wait a bit for the list.
  • Options
    RobeanoRobeano member
    I know my doctor said you can have most things in moderation, so I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. However, you can always find information from a pharmacy, I know where I live they hand out these little mini-pamphlets on stuff to avoid during pregnancy. You can then just stick it in your wallet or purse as a reference.
    Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageGypsyEsq:
    I've always referenced this list from the APA - however, your OB is also likely to give you a list of foods to avoid.  You're not sharing a blood supply with the baby yet so it's ok to wait a bit for the list.

Just what I was looking for...thank you!  Judging by this list, looks like I'm okay for now - except for my beloved Feta....oh well! 

• Options
    imageRFBsbride:

imageGypsyEsq:

Just what I was looking for...thank you!  Judging by this list, looks like I'm okay for now - except for my beloved Feta....oh well! 

You are actually probably fine with the feta. I have only found one non-pasteurized feta so far.  Most cheeses here are pasteurized.  

TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • Options
    imageRFBsbride:

imageGypsyEsq:

Only if it's imported unpastuerized feta.  If it's US and not from a small farm/dairy chances are you're fine.

• Options
    Here's the list from webmd
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"