September 2012 Moms
Options

Off to the OB I go...

I am leaving in an hour to go to my OB. I have been really lightheaded and exhausted the last few days.  I feel so stupid for calling my dr this morning, the RN said I am most likely fine but to come in and they will check me out. I am going to feel like a moron when they tell me all is fine and to just rest and drink water! I know that as a pregnant woman I am supposed to be tired, and being lightheaded just happens.  But I have had to call off work today as I needed to lay down after just taking DD to daycare, I know I would not have been able to take care of my patients today.  Even being very anemic while pregnant with DD I don't remember it being like this.  At least I can have them check me out and I will know I am ok, and my family will be happy (2 family members are drs and wanted me to get checked out).

Anybody else having issues?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Off to the OB I go...

• Options
    I'm tired all the time, but nothing like what you're experiencing. GL today, hope your OB can give you answers! 
  • Options
    Manx4Manx4 member

Sounds like low iron to me - I'm on iron supplements on top of the iron in my PNV because my iron was so low.  It causes me to be super tired and very light headed/dizzy. 

If they give you the supplement, take it with OJ, it helps your body absorb it better.  And eat more red meat if you can handle it, your body absorbs iron easier through meat vs plant found iron.  Either is good though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mom2skhmom2skh member
    imageManx4:

Sounds like low iron to me - I'm on iron supplements on top of the iron in my PNV because my iron was so low.  It causes me to be super tired and very light headed/dizzy. 

If they give you the supplement, take it with OJ, it helps your body absorb it better.  And eat more red meat if you can handle it, your body absorbs iron easier through meat vs plant found iron.  Either is good though!

I was wondering if I am anemic as well. I was while pregnant with DD, I had to take 2 iron pills every day with my PNV so I wouldn't have to risk a transfusion upon delivery.  My iron test is scheduled with my glucose test in 2 wks, maybe they can just draw it today instead.

Never knew about the OJ trick to help absorption, thanks! I will do it if that is the issue.

• Options
    Awww I agree it's normal to be exhausted but I'd be concerned about being so light-headed.  I hope everything's ok :)
  • Options

This is my second baby and I feel like I'm a lot more tired and wear out faster than when I was pregnant with my first. Just going up and down the stairs a few times in a row yesterday made me out of breath. I don't know if it's because I'm older, more out of shape, or just more tired from caring for a preschooler all day.

• Options
    imageMainelyFoolish:

This is my second baby and I feel like I'm a lot more tired and wear out faster than when I was pregnant with my first. Just going up and down the stairs a few times in a row yesterday made me out of breath. I don't know if it's because I'm older, more out of shape, or just more tired from caring for a preschooler all day.

I've had the same problems t 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMainelyFoolish:

I have had the same issues as well. Since my labs were ok (no anemia) they said to just make sure I was staying well hydrated and rested, especially since summer temps are climbing. I have tried but can be difficult while chasing the toddler around constantly.  Hope everything checks out ok

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm exhausted 90% of the time! I had my glucose/hemoglobin test today and passed, so that rules out anemia for me. The nurse said every pregnancy is different and now I have a 20 month old to chase after which is most likely why I'm exhausted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"