Washington Babies

Name Ideas

Now that the baby is real, the husband is caving on the name options so I have wiggle room to make suggestions for the middle name.  Yippee!

What name would you suggest for Harpo __________ Leonard?

My current list of suggestions include: Christopher, Arvid, Octavian, and Harold.  So I am all over the place but I tend to classic old school names.  My sister suggested Marc so that people would know that Harpo was name after the Marx brothers and not Oprah.  Teehee!

Amanda
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Name Ideas

• I would not do Harold, "Harpo Harold" is too rhyme-y imo. I'm not a big fan of Arvid, I've never heard of it and it sounds like of made up (even though I believe it's not) and the repetitive middle rs sound odd to me. I think Octavian is my favorite, that's a great name!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Christopher, Arvid and Harold are all family names. Arvid is a real name and has been in my family for many generations. I swear. :) Hubby doesn't like Arvid, but I have a soft spot because of the family history. 

I think the hubby will agree with you on Octavian because he is a huge Roman history buff.  He tried for Julius, but I vetoed that one.  I thought the second in the Caesar lineage might appeal to him.  Maybe I should add Gaius to the list (Julius' first name).  That way if the kid hated Harpo, he could go with Guy (also a family name on the hubby side).  Hmmmm...  I think I have another for the option list.

Amanda
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Christopher.
  • Christopher I like too!
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Glad you like Christopher because that was the winner.  Double winner for me because that is my Dad's name. 

When we had our name discussion he stopped me within 10 secs and said Christopher was high on his list so decision was made fast. 

Of course that was followed with 10 minutes of me crying (happy tears).

Amanda
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"