Breastfeeding

I hate being poor

I just priced out the replacement parts for the Medela pump in style advanced. Ugh, I think I may just go and buy a manual pump.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I hate being poor

• Are you enrolled in WIC?  Is it possible to have them help?  
  • shotzieshotzie member
    Some insurance companies will cover the price of your pump, it's worth looking into. Do you have a PISA that a friend gave you or something? If so, they are open system pumps and shouldn't be used by more than one person. Anyway, I use a manual pump and it works as well as my double electric. It took some practice to get the hang of it, but it's my go-to now.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • imageshotzie:
    Some insurance companies will cover the price of your pump, it's worth looking into. Do you have a PISA that a friend gave you or something? If so, they are open system pumps and shouldn't be used by more than one person. Anyway, I use a manual pump and it works as well as my double electric. It took some practice to get the hang of it, but it's my go-to now.

It's my sister in laws. I don't believe the whole "don't use anyone's pump" since you can rent pumps. I believe that is a ploy from the companies to try and sell more. I'm not worried about catching anything from my SIL nor am I concerned that it wouldn't be clean (heck, mold can grow within 24 hours of something having moisture in it so it's just as risky as using your own pump a day later.) I'm not overly paranoid about germs and dirt.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"