December 2011 Moms

Lump on back of baby's head??

I just noticed today there seems to be a squishy maybe quarter sized lump on the right side of the back of my son's head near the bottom. I honestly don't know if its just normal baby chub or if my mind is playing tricks and making me think its worse than it is.

I made an appointment for the Dr tomorrow. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with anything like this to calm my mind or else I know I won't be able to sleep tonight! TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lump on back of baby's head??

• Rylan had one and I completely freaked out.  It was just a lymph node that the dr said was completely normal. It went away in a few weeks. 
  • We found one on B about the size of a dime when she was a few months old.  Upon further investigation, we found a matching on on the other side.  Asked the ped about it just in case and it was totally normally.

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Loading the player...
  • lckcdc3lckcdc3 member
    Yes my son has one too and the dr said its a lymph node.  Its always safe to get it checked out and ease your mind.

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• My LO has a squishy little pea bump on the back of her head....As the others said, Dr said it was a lymph node and nothing to worry about.  She's had it a couple months though, it doesn't seem to be going away. 
    ~*Kimberly*~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"