Cloth Diapering

Bamboo vs Hemp vs Cotton Microfiber Inserts

Ok, we have a wetter... double cotton microfiber inserts currently and she still peas through at times.  Someone mentioned switching my inserts.  Which is better, Hemp or Bamboo?

Where would you buy them?  What brand is best? 

I see you can get a 10 pack of Bamboo inserts on Kawaii for $25.00 is that a good deal?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bamboo vs Hemp vs Cotton Microfiber Inserts

• generally hemp holds more but bamboo absorbs faster.

I have a few of each, but mostly babykicks and fuzzibunz (they're practically the same thing) hemp inserts (size large will work for OS diapers if you just fold them down for the smaller sizes)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You can switch out the 2 MFs for 2 Bamboo and then hemp layer twice. I think sunbaby has 3 layer bamboo inserts for 2 bucks a piece. I use Hemp Babies hemp layers. We just hemp layer our MF inserts.
  • Loading the player...
  • I prefer bamboo, but I really like hemp too.  Bamboo absorbs faster, but hemp hold more (in theory- they work the same for me).

I like the swaddlebees econappi bamboo inserts the best followed by the joey bunz premium hemp inserts.  The cut out curved shape of the JB hemp make them super trim and fit most pockets or covers.

I'm not a fan of Kawaii, so can't help you there. 

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Thank you ladies.  I ordered 9 Joey bunz medium and they should be here next week.  Did you boil yours in hot water for a half hour before washing?  I heard this can help with the prep of hemp.  Is that true?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJcraul:
    Thank you ladies.  I ordered 9 Joey bunz medium and they should be here next week.  Did you boil yours in hot water for a half hour before washing?  I heard this can help with the prep of hemp.  Is that true?
    You can totally do this.  Then just wash and dry once with a load of towels.  You'll be all set.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"