Food Allergy

Hives from heat - anyone else?

We go out to the arizona desert on the weekends to boat and have fun in the sun. DD has been going since she was 2 weeks old. Just this summer she started breaking out in hives typically on the last day of the weekend. It's usually 95*-105* out there but we stay cool by playing in the water.

The 1st few trips this summer I thought it was a sunscreen allergy (which it very wel could also be) so we went thru every sensitive skin brand and had good luck this past weekend with California Baby but sure enough Monday (the hottest day of the weekend) she broke out in hives all over. Then it usually takes about 3 days after we get home to clear up.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I read a lot about heat rash and am fairly certain it's got to be what's causing the hives. I'm going to purchase some UV long sleeve swim shirts so she doesn't have to wear sunscreen and help keep her cool, anyone have experience with those? TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hives from heat - anyone else?

• One of my kids gets hives when exposed to cold water.  In your case you can research heat urticaria to learn more.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• I've just started thinking that we might be getting hives from heat. DD had a rash on her cheeks after spending some time outside and I can't think of another explanation. Hugs to you! Hope you find some answers.
    Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"