Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Your purse at work

I just got a verbal hand slap by our security person because he came by my desk  when I wasn't there and my purse was just sitting there under my desk.  He told me that, like most people, I'm too trusting of my coworkers and that I really need to put my bag in a drawer because it's harder for someone to actually dig through my desk without someone seeing them.  I know he's right but it's just never a habit I've gotten into.  I'm curious if I'm the only one.
Formerly known as elmoali :)

Re: Your purse at work

• Options

I always keep my purse in a drawer or cabinet. And when I walk away from my desk, I'll toss my cell phone in my drawer.

It's not co-workers I'm leary of - it's other "visitors" who may be wondering around. My DH had his laptop stolen during a company meeting by a "visitor" who gained access to the office.

"Fvuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - Bette Midler Boom Shaka Laka Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My old job gave us little lockers in the room with the safe deposit box so everything was monitored.  If we wanted locks we had to provide them ourselves.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine sits under my desk but I have my own office and work with a bunch of cops.
  • Options

I keep my purse under my desk.  I work in an office monitored by a security guard which requires swipe cards for entry.   Our cubes are also very close together.  It would definitely be noticed if someone other than myself went in my cubicle and under my desk.

• Options
    imageAshPal61:

Mine hangs on a hook behind my chair, in my cubicle. 

Exactly this.  If I'm going to be in a meeting or away from my desk for a long period of time I will put in a drawer.

• Options
    I've been reminded to lock up or at least put my purse in the drawer too. I just leave it on top of my desk. Hey, if you can manage to find anything of value in the sea of old crumpled receipts then more power to you I guess. 
  • Options
    Mine is locked in an empty drawer in the file cabinet.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dude my bag just hangs out next to my desk. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    Mine just sits out too, but my area is pretty secure from visitors.  So far none of my coworkers appear to be a thief.

• Options

imageJoJoMama730:
    Mine just sits out too, but my area is pretty secure from visitors.  So far none of my coworkers appear to be a thief.

This is how I felt but this guy told me that, despite our badged secure building, two people have had their stuff stolen on our floor alone.  Why do we trust people just because they work at our company?

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    I used to leave it in an unlocked cabinet, or even out near my desk. A few months ago, we got an email about "office creepers" in the area. Office creepers wander into office buildings and try to blend in, then wander to cubes and offices and see what's left out in the open to steal. Now I lock my purse in a drawer. Usually I keep the key on me on a little ID holder that I latch to my belt or waistband. Today I'm wearing a dress, so the key and ID holder are mostly in a separate drawer. Not too secure, but I'm gambling.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine hangs out in the floor next to me. If I go to the bathroom, I take it with me, because I am constantly bleeding from my vaginahole, so you know, I have to. 
    Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Options
    I was told to lock the drawer where my purse is and take the key because that's where any theif would look first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    just made space in my drawer last week. i was guilty of this, particularly since we have a "secure" building where badges are needed to get in. still doesn't stop inside theft though.
  • Options
    mrambo3mrambo3 member

I used to hang it on my coat rack.  THen someone told me that some time ago someone got their purse stolen.  It now goes in the cabinet above me or I just don't bring a purse at all.  I usually don't bring one because my iPhone case has a built in spot for my ID and credit card.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine's under my desk, I need to probably put it in a drawer.

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"