Breastfeeding

Pulling on nipple

Does it mean anything if they start pulling on the nipple?  I always assumed that maybe she was getting frustrated with it, but now I'm not so sure.  She does have AR. 

Also,  sometimes when I put her over my shoulder to burp her she sarts crying and arching her back.  Again, I always assumed that she wanted more. Considering this is my second kid,  idoubt myself way more than I ever did with dd1. 

Sorry for all the questions.  TIA.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Pulling on nipple

• Regarding your first question, my LC tells me that when babies pull on your nipple, it means they are trying to trigger a letdown. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jennrejennre member
    Thank you.  Makes sense. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Arching the back is a tell tale sign of reflux. My LO does that sometimes too when I try to burp him and usually spits up milk soon afterwards, but I don't know if that's the case with you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jennrejennre member

imagektpaladino:
    Arching the back is a tell tale sign of reflux. My LO does that sometimes too when I try to burp him and usually spits up milk soon afterwards, but I don't know if that's the case with you. 

That's what I was thinking.  She does have AR.  I hope she's not having more discomfort from it.  It she keeps doing it I'll have to talk to her pedi.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"