November 2012 Moms

Has anyone started buying diapers yet?

Every time I am in Target, I feel that I should be grabbing a pack of diapers now so I will be stocked up. My sister made me a diaper cake for my DD and it was so helpful. I don't think I even bought any until she was in size 2. DD will be three years old when LO is expected and I feel the need to make things as simple as possible. I even plan on making the babies food and freezing it ahead of time. This is probably a way for me to scratch my shopping itch for the baby since we are team green and won't be buying anything till after it's born.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Has anyone started buying diapers yet?

• I haven't started buying diapers yet.  I am thinking of starting to by them soon though when I see them on sale.
  • We picked some up at Target when they were having a sale and you got a free $5 giftcard when you bought diapers and wipes. We'll probably buy some, but don't want to get too many in case LO has an allergy or something.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • milescmilesc member

imageACOOK:
    Every time I am in Target, I feel that I should be grabbing a pack of diapers now so I will be stocked up. My sister made me a diaper cake for my DD and it was so helpful. I don't think I even bought any until she was in size 2. DD will be three years old when LO is expected and I feel the need to make things as simple as possible. I even plan on making the babies food and freezing it ahead of time. This is probably a way for me to scratch my shopping itch for the baby since we are team green and won't be buying anything till after it's born.

YES.

I did it last time with DD, and I have about 8 packs already- not including what I have leftover from her! It's nice not having to run out last minute because your low on diapers, especially when you already have a LO! 

You could also just put Xamount of $$ for diapers in a jar each time you go out.... That way you have the $$ to stock up, but they aren't taking up room, and you can try different brands to see what works best for your LO.

Id recommend doing one or the other, it sure does help out to be prepared 

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • I'm planning to CD this time around so I'm waiting a little while.  I've never done it before so I want to try the Jillian's Drawers trial to get an idea of what I like before I commit to buying a lot of cloth diapers.  I will make sure to have one or two packs of size 1 diapers on hand just in case I need them.  

I've already kind of scratched my shopping itch, though.  Target had a sale back in April and early May and I got a P&P and a car seat in neutral colors.   

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I've bought quite a few.  We have three newborn packs of the Target diapers, two economy boxes of Pampers Swaddlers Size 1 and two of Size 2, and one box of Size 2 from BJ's.  I only buy them when they are on sale and I've saved the receipts so if the baby doesn't like what I bought, I can exchange them or re-gift them to someone else. 
  • I plan on buying here soon! When I see a sale I wanna grab some each week
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not yet.  I'm a little leary because DS was a big boy and only used one pack of NB.  I don't want to buy too many of the wrong size.  I suppose I can just keep the receipts and exchange them, but that can be such a hassle...those customer service clerks at walmart aren't always the brightest bulbs, you know? 

I also have no place to keep them.  I have about 10 diaper boxes of clothes that DS has outgrown that I am hanging on to/lending to my sis.  I also have 11 boxes of baby girl clothes that my sis gave me in case peanut is a girl.  Maybe after we get the spare room cleaned out, painted and redone to be DSs big boy room we'll get on that, but for now, it's down the priority list.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup we've been buying a box a month at Costco. And then in July my hubby is throwing a "diaper kegger" with all our friends. Basically we provide the keg and you get a cup if you buy a pack of diapers.
  • KadyraKadyra member
    imagebenoitfan:

Not yet.  I'm a little leary because DS was a big boy and only used one pack of NB.  I don't want to buy too many of the wrong size.  I suppose I can just keep the receipts and exchange them, but that can be such a hassle...those customer service clerks at walmart aren't always the brightest bulbs, you know? 

I also have no place to keep them.  I have about 10 diaper boxes of clothes that DS has outgrown that I am hanging on to/lending to my sis.  I also have 11 boxes of baby girl clothes that my sis gave me in case peanut is a girl.  Maybe after we get the spare room cleaned out, painted and redone to be DSs big boy room we'll get on that, but for now, it's down the priority list.

I'm with you.  DS was tiny and was in preemie diapers for a while.  The same thing may happen with LO so we are waiting.  Although a friend of mine at work is going to do a diaper cake-- I'm sure I'll let her know what sizes I need.  We also have no room.  LO's room is our spare room and we haven't moved the bed out yet.  Our bad.

Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm hoping to cloth diaper, though I need to figure out if our day care provider will be on board with it. Which means I need to figure out our day car choice before making the diaper decision... Yikes, so much to do!
    "Oh for sh!ts sake."- my 84 year old grandma. Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's always nice to watch for sales or coupons now while you have the luxury of waiting a couple days for a sale to start or what not, where as when LO is here you won't have that luxury. If you're worried about Baby being on the big side or on the small side just buy a couple packs of a couple different sizes. More than likely you'll end up using them or you can always regift them to somebody down the road. It can't hurt to be as prepared as possible. Especially in such a (sometimes) chaotic situation. Best of luck! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I havent started buying diapers yet because I'm not sure what sizes to buy because me and hubby were really big babies. But we did start buying wipes when they are on sale.
    BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am the opposite of a hoarder, meaning I hate clutter and constantly purge things from my house.  It might be because I am tight on space.   So no, havent bought any and probably wont.  It would drive me nuts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a few packs of size 1 (Pampers Sensitive Swaddlers- love that brand in the small sizes because they have the wetness indicator).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My son was  9 lbs 11 oz and he started in size 1.  We'll definitely stock up for the twins.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have bought a couple packs so far when they have been on sale and I have had coupons. I am hoping to have DD potty trained by the time this baby arrives, so not having diaper expenses would be wonderful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No, but I will soon. I stocked up on wipes with DD and didn't have to buy them for about 1 year. I didn't stock up as much with diapers. I am going to this time.
  • tngrl3tngrl3 member

I have been doing this and have a small stockpile already. I watch for the sales and usually have coupons so I have been getting some pretty great deals. Figure if I don't end up using I can always gift them as I always seem to know someone that is prego! Even though this is my first I have changed about a million diapers in my life (church nursery, babysitting, little sisters, friends babies, etc.) and am a pretty die hard Pampers fan so that's what I've been buying. 

Also my Target has random packs of Pampers on clearance right now and by combining store and manufactures coupons I got them for 50% off! May want to check out your local store.  

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • GHBEAGHBEA member
    Yes but I use cloth diapers and have bought 12 so far.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've started my cloth diaper stash - but I have a ways to go!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCurlyQ284:
    I am the opposite of a hoarder, meaning I hate clutter and constantly purge things from my house.  It might be because I am tight on space.   So no, havent bought any and probably wont.  It would drive me nuts.

OMG.  Are you my sister from another mister????

Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • imageToiKenne:

imageCurlyQ284:
    I am the opposite of a hoarder, meaning I hate clutter and constantly purge things from my house.  It might be because I am tight on space.   So no, havent bought any and probably wont.  It would drive me nuts.

OMG.  Are you my sister from another mister????

We must be triplets! This is the exact reason that this far, we've got a diaper bag and stroller (both purchased on deep discount) an a Mickey Mouse onesie that was a gift from my sister. I can't handle the added clutter until I do some closet purging.  

"Oh for sh!ts sake."- my 84 year old grandma. Pregnancy Ticker
  • We've picked up a few packs along with a few things of baby wipes.  I read that they don't expire for a year or so(<--baby wipes)
  • It is on my looong list of things to do. I am deciding between cloth and regular diapers and looking into a cloth diaper service.
  • Will be using a cloth doper service, so nope!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"