Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro

Hi everyone - I'm really new to the site and brand new to this board, unfortunately.  I was lurking on the TTCAL board until I realized that this is the more appropriate group for me now. Also, I know I need to personalize my signature and forgive me for not using most of the acronyms!

So my husband and I conceived the first month we tried.  I would have been six weeks this past Sunday.  I naturally miscarried the day before.  I had just gotten the BFP the Monday before and we were soo happy.  I really didn't think that I would even get pregnant to quickly, so now on May 30, to think that we conceived and miscarried all this month is crazy.  The irony is I've always had this irrational fear that we'd have a hard time TTC.  And I never worried about mc once I got the BFP! 

My emotions rotate between sadness, anger and impatience (now I'm even more anxious to get pregnant!)  But of course that will take some time. 

Anyway I am sorry that we are all here.  I hope to get to know all you.  

Thanks. 

Re: Intro

• I am so sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here on this board;(

My dh and I also conceived on our first try and like you also had a fear it would take way longer than it did to get our bfp. The thought of miscarriage never entered my mind also until my first u/s at 7 wks when we were told that our baby was measuring behind with a slow hearbeat. Fast forward three weeks from then and baby's heart stopped beating when I should have been 10 weeks just 12 days ago;(

This board has been an amazing resource and support for me and I hope you'll find some comfort here.

Take care and big hugs to you xx

BFP#1 D&C May 18th 2012 at 9 wks. EDD Dec 17 2012
    BFP#2 CP Sept 17th 2012 at 4.5 wks. EDD May 23 2013
    BFP#3 EDD June 24th 2013 IT'S A GIRL!
    BFP#4 EDD March 2 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Me: 25
    Dx PCOS (June 2006, re-confirmed March 2012), Anemia (May 2010-Still fighting to correct it), Fibromyalgia (May 2011)
    Initial b/w - normal
    HSG (March 2012) revealed right tube open and looking great. Left tube deformed with hydrosalpinx.
    Lap (April 2012) Removal of left fallopian tube. Right tube open and viable, but "rather enlarged." NO evidence of endometriosis...Uterus looks beautiful and "very capable" of carrying a pregnancy!
    October 2012 - Clomid 50mg + trigger + IUI = BFN
    With all factors taken into account, RE is recommending IVF. Planning on moving forward with treatment as a single woman using DS by Summer 2013.
    After 17 months of trying, Surprise BFP #1 2.15.2008 | EDD 8.7.2008 | Lost 2.16.2008
    After 2 more years of trying, Surprise BFP #2 1.29.2012 | EDD 9.11.2012 | Lost 1.29.2012
    Surprise BFP #3 3.27.2012 | EDD 12/2/2012 | Lost 4.1.2012
    imageimage
    someecards.com - Get a colonic?!? Some older lady said that's what she did to cure her infertility...Who knew a fancy enema and a sparkling clean ass would cure my infertility.
    My Blog Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  This is a great board of really supportive women.  I hope you can find some comfort here.
    BFP #1 5/13 - chemical 5/19 4 weeks 6 days BFP #2 6/14 EDD - 2/24 Please Stick!!!! BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you found your way here.  This board has been a wonderful support system for me and I hope it is for you too.  We've all been on the roller coaster of emotions that you mentioned, and in fact, most of us are still on it.  It's normal. 

Also, it's okay to lurk on TTCAL.  I post over there too and those ladies are just as supportive.  I would especially recommend lurking there if you are planning to TTC again soon. 

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  This board is amazing though so I hope you can find some comfort and support here.

Are you following up with your OB to check your HCG levels?  My MC happened naturally, but they still monitored my bloodwork until everything was back to pre-pg levels. 

Oh and the sadness, anger, impatience thing--I did the same thing.  My emotions were all over the place for quite awhile afterwards...

((hugs))

TTC #1 since November 2011
    ** BFP #1 - M/C at 6 weeks 4/13/2012 **
    ** BFP #2 - expecting a little leprechaun!! EDD 3/21/13 | HB 7/30/2012 (6w3d) **
    NT Scan 9/4 - looked great! | Grow, baby, grow!!! | A/S 10/29

***All AL always welcome***
  • mgh2008mgh2008 member
    I am very sorry:(
    BFP #1- 12/3/09, EDD- 8/7/10, Missed M/C at 8 weeks & D&C- 1/5/10, BFP #2- July 2010, Baby Charlie Born March 29, 2011, BFP #3- 4/12/12- EDD- 12/21/12, Missed M/C at 10 1/2 weeks 5/29/12, D&C 6/1/12- testing results showed triploidy, IF testing all normal, February 2013- IUI#1, femara, follistim, trigger =BFN, March 2013- IUI#2, femara, follistim, trigger= BFP #4, 3/20/12, Beta#1 16dpo= 397, Beta #2 18dpo= 1037, Beta#3 24dpo= 11,589- EDD 11/30/13- It's a Girl!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • so sorry for your loss. 

BFP #1 4/10/12, lost at 8 weeks.
    BFP #2 EDD 4/18/13. Its a Boy!

• EMLDFEMLDF member
    imagekrisztina33:

I'm so sorry for your loss.  This board is amazing though so I hope you can find some comfort and support here.

Are you following up with your OB to check your HCG levels?  My MC happened naturally, but they still monitored my bloodwork until everything was back to pre-pg levels. 

Oh and the sadness, anger, impatience thing--I did the same thing.  My emotions were all over the place for quite awhile afterwards...

((hugs))

Hi there-thanks so much everyone, I already feel supported!

I had blood work done yesterday and today they came back at 0 already which is a relief of course. It's seems quick (mc was 5 days ago), but I assume it's because I was just six weeks along.  The doctor that did my exam yesterday (mt reg dr wasn't available) told me we should wait 2-3 cycles before we start trying.  It seems like eternity and maybe unnecessary considering how early my mc occurred.  He admitted that he was very conservative when it comes to this and implied that my reg dr would prob advise just 1-2. 

He said getting pg too soon increases the chance of another mc.  So, now the question is how long do we wait! I have become slightly obsessive about researching this question online.... AND all the while feeling guilty that I'm already looking forward to my next pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, I'm still really really sad.... I've always been the kind of person that needs to "move on" / distract myself when something bad happens. This my obsession with getting pg as soon as it is safely possible. Ugghhhhhhh 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"