Cloth Diapering

Do you always rinse diapers off before wash?

I have been spraying the BF poop off since LO was born, does everyone do this?  Or do you just put it from LO to pail to washer?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you always rinse diapers off before wash?

• I was told that if they're EBF you don't need to rinse, you can just throw them in the laundry.

I want to hear what other people have done though too, and if that actually works.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I never rinsed dipes until in potty trainers. I put them in the pail, did a 'rinse and spin' cycle, then the full wash.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBethbsn06:
    I never rinsed dipes until in potty trainers. I put them in the pail, did a 'rinse and spin' cycle, then the full wash.

Did you have to deal with many stains doing it this way or did they wash off for the most part? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • EBF and EFF poop is water soluble and can go straight into the wash.  No need to rinse first, save yourself a step!
  • I've always sprayed poo diapers, even EBF. I know I didn't "have" to, but I felt better putting them in the washer having been sprayed off first.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have always rinsed before putting them in my pail, but this load I just didn't want to.  Mainly because we've been using our tub to rinse them off in and I want to clean the tub thoroughly and be able to bathe with LO.  He doesn't really fit in his sling/tub anymore and he isn't strong enough to be without it.  So bath time has gone from our favorite time to kind of a struggle.  I know some of you spray into the toilet, but I can't see how to do that without it becoming a big mess.  Maybe I'll give it a shot
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've always rinsed poo out of my diapers b/c I have an HE washer.  If the poo is nasty I'll let them soak them in the laundry room potty for a bit. 
  • They go straight in the washer for a warm prewash before the hot wash. No stains yet! If we have a major blowout I scoop the extra into the toilet but thats it. I'm not spraying or scraping until I absolutely have to!
  • You do not have to rinse EBF or EFF poop before washing. It will get clean, but it may stain. 

I used to rinse mine bc I didn't want stains, until I discovered Bac-out. Spray a little Bac-out on a poopy dipe, put it in the wet bag, and then throw it in the wash when you're ready- No stains! You can dilute it, too, and it works great. Such a wonderful invention. :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You definitely don't have to, but I prefer to. When my DS was a NB I didn't, but since I'm now used to spraying poopy diapers I have been spraying my DD's NB poop!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm getting a bidet sprayer that goes on my toilet to spray the diapers with. I'd like them to last through two babies (pregnant with my first now) with a minimum of staining and I just can't stand the thought of them sitting in the bin with poop in them. 

Of course, the reality of having a baby hasn't hit me yet. Who knows what I'll say in November after a month of trying to use the thing.

• No way- too much work.  I'm just starting to spray now that DD is eating solids.

For stains, I spray on Bac-Out most of the time before the diapers go in the pail.  I just sun any stains on occassion, but honestly, the stains don't bother me as much as I thought they would.

• imagekaeti_su:
    I've always sprayed poo diapers, even EBF. I know I didn't "have" to, but I felt better putting them in the washer having been sprayed off first.

This. 

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"