Stay at Home Moms

What would you wear?

I will start off by saying I look terrible in maxi dresses.  Okay moving on...

I am going away for a weekend for a bridal shower and need ideas on what to wear.  The bridal shower is going to be outdoors next to a pool.  It will be in around noon and it is going to be really nice.  Meaning I am pretty sure everyone will be dressing up.  I am a little lost....help?!

April 2009

Re: What would you wear?

• What size/shape is your body?  Are you comfortable posting a pic? 

Also, I refuse to believe that you look terrible in maxi dresses! I think you just haven't found the right one yet!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you look bad in a maxi, I would just go with a sundress.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would post a picture but do not have any full body pictures.  Only from a couple of years ago.  I am a size 12 but am only 5'3 so I think maxi dresses look a little strange on me.  

April 2009
  • I have some black bermuda length (to the knee) dressy type shorts.  You could wear something like that with a pretty/fancier/summery top.  But maybe that is not as dressed up as everyone else...
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • I wear a size 10 and this is what I would wear, but I prefer dresses over pants.  You could definetly wear cute capris too if you wanted... all of these are from LOFT.

Shirred Neck Peasant Dress

Stripe Smocked Waist Short Sleeve Dress

Smocked Drawstring Neck Knit Dress

Embellished Ikat Print Linen Shift Dress

Floral Print Twist Strap Knit Dress

• I'm only 5'4" or 5'5" on a good day, and I wear maxi's all the time.  LOVE them.  So easy to chase around a toddler and not have to worry about flashing anyone.  I just get them shortened so that they barely brush the top of my bare feet, and that length is perfect on me.
  • imageThe_Jen626:
    I'm only 5'4" or 5'5" on a good day, and I wear maxi's all the time.  LOVE them.  So easy to chase around a toddler and not have to worry about flashing anyone.  I just get them shortened so that they barely brush the top of my bare feet, and that length is perfect on me.
    Thanks for the dress ideas; I love love dress. Maybe I will have a maxi one shortened and see if it works.  :) 
    April 2009
  • imageCountryMile:

I would post a picture but do not have any full body pictures.  Only from a couple of years ago.  I am a size 12 but am only 5'3 so I think maxi dresses look a little strange on me.  

I'm bigger then you are, but your height and it's taken some time to find maxi's that work...never a print unless it's more geometric and no stripes! I never thought I'd say this, but I just bought a really cute one and it was Jessica Simpson {!!!}. I got it at Belk, but they carry her stuff at Macy's too I think. 

• imageThe_Jen626:

I wear a size 10 and this is what I would wear, but I prefer dresses over pants.  You could definetly wear cute capris too if you wanted... all of these are from LOFT.

Love this one! 

• imageKateMW:
    imageThe_Jen626:

I wear a size 10 and this is what I would wear, but I prefer dresses over pants.  You could definetly wear cute capris too if you wanted... all of these are from LOFT.

Love this one! 

I have a dress just like this and it's super flattering (while I'm tall and small waisted, I'm really top heavy). I vote something like this too. I think these look good on a variety of body types.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lisamoelisamoe member
    A sundress, or  capris and a cute top.  Whichever you feel more comfortable in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone.  I am going on an online shopping spree today.  :)
    April 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"