Cloth Diapering

Newborn diapers on a budget

I really wanted to use Kawaii diapers for my little man when he gets here, but their site has been very wish-washy on what is available and when it will be back in stock.

He is going to be a big baby and I don't want to sink a ton of money into diapers that he is only going to be in for a month or so.  We have stocked up on GroVia and FuzziBunz for when he is a little bit bigger...

image image image

Re: Newborn diapers on a budget

• Prefolds with a couple of covers might be your best bet then! You can get then for well under $5 each (prefolds) and you can find covers for around  $10 depending on brand and style. I personally like DiaperRite prefolds (diaperjunction.com) and GMD (greenmountaindiapers.com) prefolds. Both are affordable. You'd probably need at least 24 for washing every other day, and maybe 6-8 covers.
    Proud mama to Rylee Quinn, born 3 months early at 28 weeks. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • if you go with prefolds and covers (cheapest option)...the Imagine Smartfit Prefolds on Nickisdiapers.com are almost half the price of Green Mountain Diapers.  If baby is going to be big then you could almost get by with just OS covers.  Right now Nickis has a sale on Flips for buy 2 get one free which makes each cover 9 dollars each, and the Imagine covers are actually quite good too and are on sale for 7.95 each. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have used Kawaii pure and natural since he was 4 days old.  He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz at birth and is currently aprx.13 1/2 lbs.  He is only on the second rise of these diapers so I imagine he'll wear them for at least another 3 months.  I bet even longer.  the fuzzibunz were too big for him at birth, but fit him now. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • PFs and covers will be your cheapest option.  Also, look around for used diapers.  NB diapers are often in excellent condition and easy to find.  Check out your local CL, kiji, spot's corner, or retail sites that have trials.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"