Breastfeeding

Building a stash with over-supply issues

I finally got my over-supply issues resolved by block feeding and being very careful about which side is "up" for each feeding and by not doing any pumping unless it was going right into a bottle. So for the past month, DS has not had any problems nursing and no strong let-down, etc.  However, I go back to work in 2 weeks and probably need to add to my freezer stash.  

What is the best way to add in a couple pump sessions a day without creating issues again?  I love how comfortable and sweet our nursing sessions are now, as opposed to him gagging and choking, and subsequently spitting up because of the forceful let down that we went through before.  

Thank you for any advice you may have!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Building a stash with over-supply issues

• I don't have any advice for you, but I am going through the same thing.  I feel like I finally regulated and now I need to build a stash.  Yesterday was my first day pumping.  Last night LO choked on my let down and wouldn't latch on again for 15 min's because he was so upset.  I am not sure how this is going to work.  I am hopeful that somehow it will all work out.  I make sure to lean back when starting our sessions.  I was in the same boat.  Our nursing sessions had finally become more relaxing.  Such is life.  GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"