Breastfeeding

DD won't stop squirming while nursing

While nursing, DD has started to become squirmy and fussy..pulling off the breast and than crying because its not in her mouth anymore. Her whole body squirms  and kicks her feet and her arms flair everywhere. I have tried switching sides to no avail. 

Anyone have any idea what this could be!? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DD won't stop squirming while nursing

• I'm voting for flow not being fast enough/not getting enough. maybe just because I'm having a problem with that today, and that's what she's doing.

or reflux. or not liking the taste because of what you ate. or something. but I am sticking with my first response.  

• DD also does that when she's trying not to fall asleep while eats and when she wants to comfort nurse but keeps getting milk. 

• Loading the player...
  • Is it right from the beginning or towards the end of nursing?  LO does this for a few reasons.  Sometimes it's because the let down is so strong he doesn't like how fast it's coming out. Sometimes it's because he's too tired and doesn't want to work for it, and sometimes it's because he's full, but still wants to suck on something so if I give him my finger or a paci he's happy and calms down.  Sorry I don't have a more clear answer! GL
  • Someone posted about this a while ago, and they said it could be some gastro (something-or-other) reflex (not reflux). I tried googling it, but couldn't find what I had read before. Basically, babies begin digesting within minutes of eating, and some babies are sensitive to this and can feel it... My LO has always done this, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"