December 2010 Moms
Options

need opinions, re: new nursery

Ok, so now that the gears have been set in motion (get it? robot nursery? gears?) for this nursery, I'm going to start cleaning out the office and begin purchasing things for it.

We are going with black furniture because the walls are gray and we are keeping our black desk in the room and using it as a dresser (it's a pretty big desk with deep drawers).  So a few questions:

1.  Do you think that the color scheme of gray, blue (a bright, deep blue, not navy) and orange will work with black furniture?

2. Do you think an orange changing pad cover will look too "halloweeny" with black furniture?

3.  My rocking chair is white, and I'm dyeing the cushion blue, probably.  Will that clash with black furniture?

This nursery has the color scheme I like, but uses white furniture, so I'm just trying to make sure that it will work with black.

https://www.unique-baby-gear-ideas.com/eastons-bright-orange-ocean-theme-baby-nursery.html

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg

Re: need opinions, re: new nursery

• Options
    It sounds awesome!!!  I love the bright blue and orange.  I think that it will all look fine and the orange changing pad won't look too "Halloweeny" because you'll have the blue in the room as well.  The rocker could go either way, it might be a nice change up or it might look out of place.  Sorry I'm no help there.  I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery.  Also, it's nice to hear an update on your desk.  I guess you decided not to take a chainsaw to it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Well, given that that's Gray's nursery color scheme, I'm going to vote that I love it.  Lol!  His furniture is back.  Walls are bright robins egg blue.  Bedding, carpet etc is grey.  Accents are orange.  Looks awesome IMHO.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it sounds great. 
  • Options

imageKellog+1:
    Well, given that that's Gray's nursery color scheme, I'm going to vote that I love it.  Lol!  His furniture is back.  Walls are bright robins egg blue.  Bedding, carpet etc is grey.  Accents are orange.  Looks awesome IMHO.

Oooh, I would love to see a pic of that!  Ok, great, good to know it doesn't look like Halloween!

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    I'll upload some in another thread.  Just give me a few.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    It sounds nice!  Can you stain the rocking chair to match the dark furniture?  I'm one of those weirdos that likes things to match.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

That sounds like it would go well together!  I can't wait to see pictures when you are finished!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I love the orange and gray combo, and I don't think it will look Halloween-y at all.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Sounds great! You should watch Charlie Chaplin's *Modern Times* for design inspiration.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"