Breastfeeding

4 months....how often should they feed?

My girls are still eating every wish hours (give or take 1/2 an hour).  Is this normal?  It makes it very hard for them to get much of a nap since they get fussy after being awake for 60-75 minutes.....therefore naps only last about 30-45 minutes and they take 5-6 a day!

They are up about every 3ish hours overnight...ocassionally we can rock them to sleep without feeding for the first wake up, especially if my husband goes in instead of myself.  They go down between 8-9 and get up between 6-8 (8 is very rare). 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 4 months....how often should they feed?

• Here's a post I wrote back when my guy was a little over 4 months - just to give you an idea of his eat/sleep schedule.

https://katorade.blogspot.com/2012/02/day-in-life.html

Bascially at the time he was eating every 2-3 hours and waking once in the middle of the night to eat.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe XP this on the multiples board? I imagine nursing twins would have a different pattern than nursing a single baby. My daughter nursed every 2-3 hours during the day & 3-4 hours at night when she was 4 months. 

45 minute naps are normal because that's the length of a baby's sleep cycle. If they take a 1.5 hour nap, that's two cycles. To help baby take a longer nap, we give her a massage.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"