June 2011 Moms
Options

Family photo question

We are having professional pictures taken of DD on Saturday.  I also want to try and get some of the 3 of us.  DD is wearing a dark turquoise polo dress (looks like a polo but is long and has ruffles) so I bought DH and me light turquoise polos.  What do you think?  Too cheesy??? Should we just go with white for us or maybe even black?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Family photo question

• Options

We are getting family pics done Saturday too! I JUST asked the photographer about clothing today and her website says:

"CLOTHING
    In terms of wardrobe, I think the best looking photos are coordinated -- not matched. Now I promise not to refuse you if you have your heart set on all white with jeans (I might try to talk you out of it though), but I've found that coordinated colors actually tend to be more pleasing to the eye. You can also click here for a great summary on dressing for photo shoots."

I found it to be helpful. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Not cheesy, but maybe too matchy? We had professional pics and our photographer suggested that we wear colors that complimented what DD was wearing.  I wore a heather/chambray blue dress with yellow wedges that matched the yellow in DD's dress.  DH wore a light green polo that complimented my yellow and pulled from the green in DD's dress.  Do you have a pic of DD's dress? IMO black would be too harsh, and white too much of a contrast.  I would suggest complimenting colors Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    akayfakayf member

When we had family photos done when my older guy was 2.5, he wore a  multi colored striped polo shirt.   Then DH and I each wore a solid shirt that coordinated with the stripes.   I wore aqua and DH wore a mango orange shirt.   

I would go with coordinating colors.

• Options
    klvklv member
    I would go with coordinating pastels.
  • Options
    I think you and DH in white would look better. Maybe DH in a white polo and jeans and you in a white dress?
  • Options
  • Options

imagedantoni1210:
    You can also click here for a great summary on dressing for photo shoots."

Love this.  Those families look great.  I completely agree with coordinating over matching.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"