LGBT Parenting
Options

Poll

I have tried and failed to post a real poll on this, so we'll do it the old-fashioned way :)

Now that everyone is more aware of the new board situation, please vote below on whether you'd be OK with moving everyone over there. In my failed poll the options were

a) Yes, let's move!

b) No, I like it here.

c) I don't care, I'll go wherever y'all go.

d) Other, because:  

ETA: You can find the new locale by Googling "GBCN LGBT."  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Poll

• Options

a.

i don't like to get on here at work due to all of TB issues :)

• Options
    it doesnt matter to me, but I'd like for everyone to just choose one so I dotnt have to check both ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2brides2brides member
    I don't even know about the other place. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    a - I want to move. It's less cluttered, I don't get malware warnings, and some of our regular contributors can access it easier. 
  • Options

image2brides:

This is me! I have no idea what other place everyone is talking about...My answer would depend on whether it as blocked at work or not. I can Bump from work but most message boards are closed to me at work. I do not have time to Bump at home so it has to be done at work!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    JazibelJazibel member

New board???  I've read about this mysterious place but have no idea where to find it.

Open minded otherwise though.

• Options

image2brides:

This. 

• Options
    I would prefer to stay here, but I'll move if everyone else does. 
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • Options

I sent an email to everyone on the email list a few weeks back but apparently I need some updated emails.  2brides - I PM'd you the info.

You already know I'm on the other board because the other boards I'm on are over there.  I had the LGBT board set up there in case this site went down (but that doesn't matter any more as they aren't doing through with the switch).  Anyway....I prefer the other because 1) my other boards are there (selfish) and 2) it has a nice phone app which is easy to use.

I'll be on both though so it doesn't really matter all that much other than it seems like people who can't access thebump at work can access the other site.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagectbride08:
    it doesnt matter to me, but I'd like for everyone to just choose one so I dotnt have to check both ;)

This.  I haven't gone back since my initial hello..everyone was here so... (but I like it here better).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Is this the place that has the same initials as peanut butter? 

Can someone email (same email) or PM me the link so I can check it out? 

• Options

I like it here since I like my month board here, too, but I'll move if everyone else does (to the mysterious board I know nothing about).

I will PM the email master to get myself added to the list, if that's OK:)  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This, but like CT said, can we choose one place?

• Options
    tdmklmtdmklm member
    imageseattlekari:

This, but like CT said, can we choose one place?

Same here.

TMM, can you keep me in the loop through FB? :)

• Options
    a.  Then I can keep up with ya'll on my phone without issues!
  • Options

imagemandykatie:

You are reason enough for me!  And cymru is there too!

• Options

I'd vote (a). I had no issues with TB initially, but the malware scared me. I can't have a crash. 

My main board is over there, but I still don't have the app. I feel like the minute I buy the app, everything will move again! 

• Options

I read the Peanut Butter boards (which is what I'm calling them now, thanks for the suggestion!)

The only downside to migrating over there is that it's a fixed population with no new members.  (It's not a private board, but it's also not something you'd stumble upon unless you knew where to look.)  It can grow stagnant after a while with no new folks.

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Options
    C!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't know what the other boards are or why we would move.  What's the drive to move?  Just trying to understand... 

• Options
    imagemypalbabs:

I read the Peanut Butter boards (which is what I'm calling them now, thanks for the suggestion!)

The only downside to migrating over there is that it's a fixed population with no new members.  (It's not a private board, but it's also not something you'd stumble upon unless you knew where to look.)  It can grow stagnant after a while with no new folks.

I felt the same way but after a certain about of time the boards become find-able via google.  I *think* they might have just gone 'live'.

• Options
    imageTaylorandMel:

I don't know what the other boards are or why we would move.  What's the drive to move?  Just trying to understand... 

When the Nest converted the national boards all hell broke loose.  The site was pretty much in a useless state for days.  So the nationals left.  Many of the locals had left after the first switch.  When they set up elsewhere some of the Bump boards left too in anticipation of the switch that was supposed to happen here.  The converstion was such a disasterous clusterfvck that the Nest/Bump backed down and switched everything back to the original format (well post 2008).  But too little too late for the 1200+ users that have left.

No one here has to leave, it's just an option that may be better for some

• Options
    imageTwo*True:
    imageTaylorandMel:

When the Nest converted the national boards all hell broke loose.  The site was pretty much in a useless state for days.  So the nationals left.  Many of the locals had left after the first switch.  When they set up elsewhere some of the Bump boards left too in anticipation of the switch that was supposed to happen here.  The converstion was such a disasterous clusterfvck that the Nest/Bump backed down and switched everything back to the original format (well post 2008).  But too little too late for the 1200+ users that have left.

No one here has to leave, it's just an option that may be better for some

But didn't they decide not to convert them, and everything is going to stay?  Is there a Facebook group?  We don't have FB right now, but jw. 

• Options
    Can some one tell me what the peanut butter board is? TIA
  • Options

imagethemommymonster:
    d) other, because: I like it here, but I'll follow the herd.

what SHE SAID... but i will add I think i like it only cuz its what i know ... 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    imagethemommymonster:
    imagebutterflygrooves:

Is this the place that has the same initials as peanut butter? 

Can someone email (same email) or PM me the link so I can check it out? 

I will facebook it to you.

Facebook me too! Sorry True but I NEVER check my email since my phone went all crazy and will not let me. I end up checking it like once every few weeks lol.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageTwo*True:

imagemandykatie:

You are reason enough for me!  And cymru is there too!

Thanks!  It was shocking to see new pics of Cymru's A- she's so big!

• Options
    imageTwo*True:

I sent an email to everyone on the email list a few weeks back but apparently I need some updated emails.  2brides - I PM'd you the info.

You already know I'm on the other board because the other boards I'm on are over there.  I had the LGBT board set up there in case this site went down (but that doesn't matter any more as they aren't doing through with the switch).  Anyway....I prefer the other because 1) my other boards are there (selfish) and 2) it has a nice phone app which is easy to use.

I'll be on both though so it doesn't really matter all that much other than it seems like people who can't access thebump at work can access the other site.

Uh...I never got an email *sigh* 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagenevr2amazin:
    imageTwo*True:

Well you'll have your own special email in about 20 minutes.  Feel better now? Wink

• Options
    LV1979LV1979 member
    imageTwo*True:
    imagenevr2amazin:
    imageTwo*True:

Well you'll have your own special email in about 20 minutes.  Feel better now? Wink

I never got an email either and feel confused and left out Sad

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Options
    I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm sorry ANYBODY feels left out, as that was not the intention. There is NOTHING secret going on - it was posted about on several boards but the Bump went through and removed all posts that mentioned the website where everybody was moving. The whole point of this poll was to see if everybody wanted to move somewhere else together so we could keep our community intact but possibly deal with less changes/malware/being blocked at work/etc. I don't want to move if we don't all do it together :) 
  • Options
    I am fine with either board but it's a lot easier for me to post over there. I am also on FB with most of you so I manage to keep up one way or another :-)
  • Options

If you aren't on the mass email list that I keep or if you've changed your email address feel free to PM me with it and I'll add you to the list for future emails.

Emails will be from nesttwotrue at gmail

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"