Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Update- 8 weeks freaked out OP appologized- see post below

Hmm she appologized but then accused some of us of attacking her. I do think her original post was not malicious and truly a mistake not knowing what this board is all about, but when someone is so defensive and overdramatic ( "can't stop crying & I want to delete my account") when giving an appology, it makes me think they really aren't acknowledging why we're all upset in the first place;( Crying because we put you in your place? What about all the ladies here who have been crying for days, weeks, months, years over the loss of our babies? Ugh sadly I still dont think she gets it.

BFP#1 D&C May 18th 2012 at 9 wks. EDD Dec 17 2012
BFP#2 CP Sept 17th 2012 at 4.5 wks. EDD May 23 2013
BFP#3 EDD June 24th 2013 IT'S A GIRL!
BFP#4 EDD March 2 2015
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Update- 8 weeks freaked out OP appologized- see post below

• Agreed. There's an eensy weensy part of me that wants to encourage her so that she isn't so hysterical but then I remember that if someone just used common sense, then she wouldn't have to be upset in the first place. I just don't have much compassion to share when I am mourning and things were handled so insensitively. 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHoolahZinger:
    Agreed. There's an eensy weensy part of me that wants to encourage her so that she isn't so hysterical but then I remember that if someone just used common sense, then she wouldn't have to be upset in the first place. I just don't have much compassion to share when I am mourning and things were handled so insensitively

100000% agree.

• Loading the player...
  • I feel badly for her. It seemed like she just didn't care that she had hurt us, and I told her so but accepted her apology. I don't know whether she'll read it, but I gave her some heartfelt advice and hope she takes it. And really, I know how she feels. My first pregnancy I was worried about a m/c the entire first tri, and for no reason since everything was going well. This second pregnancy I told myself I wouldn't worry and then had a m/c. Worrying doesn't help anything, and I don't think it would have made me feel better about my m/c if I could have said, "well at least I worried about it for the whole month I knew I was pregnant."

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• When I first joined the bump , I was on the TTC board and I got completely reamed for posting about a faint positive. I was pretty much bullied right off that board because " I wasn't being supportive of the other people on that board" ....... That was literally my first and last posts. I can relate to the feeling attacked by thebump regulars but her post was downright wrong. 
  • imageMprovencio:
    When I first joined the bump , I was on the TTC board and I got completely reamed for posting about a faint positive. I was pretty much bullied right off that board because " I wasn't being supportive of the other people on that board" ....... That was literally my first and last posts. I can relate to the feeling attacked by thebump regulars but her post was downright wrong. 

Yeah, but I'm guessing she thought the board was a place to *talk* about miscarriages and didn't realize it was actually intended for people going through them. It would have been helpful to read the board description, but I admit that I rarely do that, assuming I know from the title what the board is about. Luckily it hasn't gotten me into trouble yet, but it could have.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"