Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Casserole help

A friend of mine made us stuffed shells and it's been in the freezer. Well I'm feeling lazy and I thought I would make it tonight but I don't know what temp or how long to bake it for. Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Casserole help

• Hmm, I am no expert at this either, but I usually take the casserole out of the freezer the night before then bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.  Not sure how to quickly get it unfrozen without drying it out (which I think the microwave could do).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I tend to put everything like that around 350, but I don't know how long for.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd plan oa least 45 min - an hour if they're frozen.  Everything is probably cooked, you just gotta get it hot.
  • alitriaalitria member

On my recipe is says:

TO FREEZE: Assemble casserole, then tightly cover dish with foil and freeze. Bake frozen shells at 425 degrees for 40 minutes, remove foil, and bake 20 minutes more.

I find it's a good idea to carefully check to make sure the center of the casserole is done before you pull it out of the over.  Often my lasagna looks lovely and bubbly and browned and the center piece is still lukewarm. 

• If frozen, it will take closer to 90 minutes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"