Breastfeeding
Options

LO fussy after feedings

DS is really fussy after feedings during the day.  He nurses for a good hour sometimes and is still fussy (after burping).  I have tried not to give him a bottle and just let him keep nursing, but he seems to get really mad and will not stay latched on.  Is that a sign that I'm not producing enough milk for him?  I go back and forth between nursing and pumping b/c of my schedule, and when I pump I get between 2 and 4 oz. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: LO fussy after feedings

• Options

Hey buddy :)

Is there any reason for you to think that he's not getting enough milk? Have you tried pumping right after feeding him to see if you are able to get anything out? If not, I would start doing that to increase your supply.

In my case, DD was fussing after eating 20 min/side and milk was dripping out of me after that time period, so I knew there was enough milk for her. It turned out she was tongue tied and was physically unable to get enough milk from me without wearing herself out. I pumped and offered her expressed BM after nursing until we got her weight back up and we could get her tongue clipped. But, that probably isn't the case for you if he is gaining just fine and just started doing this.

imageVisit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"