Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

3 1/2 week old coughing when crying etc?

Hello,

My 3 1/2 week old constantly clears his throat at night when he is sleeping, and also coughs on occasion. He also coughs when he cries way too hard. I know he might have some reflux issues and his doc suggested formula thickened with rice cereal. I insted got the Similac Sensitive with rice starch and tried it a few days ago. Helped reflux but made him constipated... So I went back to his regular formula (Similac Advanced). Might his coughing be from the reflux?? Is some coughing normal at this stage?

Re: 3 1/2 week old coughing when crying etc?

• Options
    My DD is 8 weeks and has reflux. She has been doing the coughing when crying thing since she was about 3 weeks old. We are on zantac 2x a day, and switched formulas from Enfamil Newborn to Enfamil Gentlease at 4 weeks and its been much better, but she does still cough and sometimes has obvious reflux flare ups. Dr told us to use the rice cereal as well but i am a nervous nelly and am trying to hold off as long as possible. I think we might have to do the cereal soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My baby is on Similac Sensitive Spit up as well, I kept up with it. Coughing can be from acid reflux. He has had this since birth.  My baby is almost 3 months old now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Birthday image image

BFP #2 11/2013, MC 11/26/2013 (6/7WKS) -NO SACK JUST EMBRYO, NO D&C

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"