Food Allergy
Options

"Fake a Food Allergy" advice on CBS The Doctors

Did anybody see this?? The morning show The Doctors advising those who want to stick to their diets to advise the waiter that they have a "butter allergy" so that the restaurant will take them seriously in their no butter request. Angry

https://www.thedoctorstv.com/videolib/init/6875

Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001

Re: "Fake a Food Allergy" advice on CBS The Doctors

• Options
    I didn't see it myself, but followed your link to the site. It is appauling that doctor's would suggest that. However, I think the responses from the viewers should have taught them a lesson.
  • Options
    People do this at my restaurant all the time. They're allergic to it until we tell them they can't get a certain appetizer or dessert because of what it contains or may have cross contaminated with. Then they don't care.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just what we need, more people who don't take food allergies seriously.  Yay. 

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    shotzieshotzie member
    Ugh, I just heard about this. That sucks that they're trivializing food allergies. Also, it shows they know nothing about allergies! If a person is allergic to butter, they're allergic to dairy and that majorly limits what you can eat a restaurant! If the server/chef is really paying attention to your "butter allergy," they might wonder why you order ice cream for dessert!
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options

FAAN posted a response on their FB page regarding this episode.  You can submit a comment of your own using this link provided by FAAN.

https://www.thedoctorstv.com/forums/817-May-25-2-12-Get-THIN-By-Summer-13-SECRETS-You-Haven-t-Heard-/topics/13386-13-things

You have to join their site to leave a comment but I felt it was important enough to do that. 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options
    klyannklyann member
    No

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    jrrsjrrs member
    I was so irritated when I read this on the FAAN site. And for "doctors" to suggest this makes it all that much worse. I hope they issue some sort of apology. 
  • Options

imageEpiphany27:
    People do this at my restaurant all the time. They're allergic to it until we tell them they can't get a certain appetizer or dessert because of what it contains or may have cross contaminated with. Then they don't care.

I was thinking of this!  if they say they are allergic to "butter" but order something else that contains butter and they are fine.. restarant workers will not take it seriously and then a person with a real allergy comes in and it can be deadly.

what happened with just telling the waiter "no butter on my veggies please."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"