January 2013 Moms
Options

Wishing for m/s

I know most people will think I am absolutely crazy, but I am jealous of ladies with morning sickness.  After my last loss in January, I just want any sign that I am pregnant.  I have looked at my positive pregnancy tests at least 100 times just to "make sure I didn't imagine it", so seriously, I would love some up-close and personal time with the toilet to confirm/solidify that I really am pregnant and that it's a healthy pregnancy.

Right now all I have is sore boobs if I push on them or DH touches them (sorry) and mild cramping, which isn't even necessarily a pregnancy sign.

So, anyone else wishing for some nausea??  :)

Mommy to
Tyler (10/29/08)
and Lily (4/21/13)

Re: Wishing for m/s

• Options
    If I could give you mine, I totally would.
    *BFP 11/3/07*J born 07/06/08*
    *BFP 10/15/11*CP 10/18/11*
    *BFP 2/1/12*EDD 10/14/12*natural M/C 2/24/12 7w*
    *BFP 5/2/12*E born 01/03/13 (her due date)
  • Options

I just wish I could puke.  I dry heeve for the longest time, by the end my ribs and head hurt.  20 minutes straight this morning, wishing I could just throw up. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekygirlie113:
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagekygirlie113:
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Yes, this is sort of me too. But there's a thread a little bit down talking about something similar. I think more of us are in the "I don't feel as pregnant as I thought I would" boat. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    At 5 weeks that's where I was at - just cramping and sore boobs. I didn't even begin to feel any nauseau until 7 weeks, and it's completely gone now (for the most part). Just hang in there and try to remember that your symptoms will come and go. FX for a sticky take home baby!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

i was sick twice this morning...before i even ate anything...

i think i threw up my thyroid pill

you want some of mine? i'm more than willing to be done with it...

there are very few things in life i despise more than throwing up 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Reyka9Reyka9 member

Lack of m/s doesn't mean lack of viability.  I didn't have m/s at all during my first pregnancy.  Enjoy it!!

This time... ehh.  I woke up feeling queasy today so I'm thinking I won't be quite so lucky this time around ;-) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageReyka9:

Lack of m/s doesn't mean lack of viability.  I didn't have m/s at all during my first pregnancy.  Enjoy it!!

This time... ehh.  I woke up feeling queasy today so I'm thinking I won't be quite so lucky this time around ;-) 

Oh I know, and I didn't have it with DS either, but I've always heard that having it is a sign of a healthy pregnancy... So I think I'd rather deal with throwing up, than constantly worrying about if I am still pregnant/if this pregnancy is going to work out.

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• Options
    I didn't have m/s this pregnancy...until today.  I'm 7w2d.  It could still show up!  Sore boobs was my only indication I was pregnant until today.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options
    imagerayofsunshine99:
    imageReyka9:

Oh I know, and I didn't have it with DS either, but I've always heard that having it is a sign of a healthy pregnancy... So I think I'd rather deal with throwing up, than constantly worrying about if I am still pregnant/if this pregnancy is going to work out.

I've heard this too but I think its a total old wives tale---with DD I was having the nausea and vomiting.  This time around its more like nausea and occasional dry heaving.  3 of my good friends who have had multiple kiddos have never had MS with any and they had super healthy pregnancies and babies.  Be happy you aren't dealing with the nasties!

• Options
    Echoing others...  I didn't have even a hint of nausea till the end of the 6th week.  I was the same way though, after my m/c earlier this year - where I had few symptoms, I was just itching for the queasiness to kick in, but just about every pregnancy book will tell you don't really expect it till at least 6 weeks.  
  • Options
    Mine didn't hit until right around the 6 week mark, so stay patient! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Um yeah, I'm not throwing up but I'm definitely nauseous from time to time and you can have that. It makes it hard to decide what to eat because everything sounds gross! But like the ladies said, symptoms come and go as do their severity. When my mom was pregnant with me she didn't have morning sickness so just count yourself lucky if you don't get it. The whole m/s = healthy baby thing is an old wives tale and has no basis in science.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from, I had 2 m/c and i didnt have any symptoms with either of them, now that im pregnant now, i just want all the symptoms so i know everything is okay! T&Ps and home for a H&H take home baby for you and DH!
  • Options
    I completely get it.  My symptoms are way worse with this pregnancy than the last.  M/S started somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks, and it is getting really bad now.  I am grateful for the intense symptoms. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options

imagehansonam446:
    The whole m/s = healthy baby thing is an old wives tale and has no basis in science.

False.  There's a crap load of studies that have found higher rates of vomiting (more than just nausea) in women that have had successful pregnancies versus women who experience losses.  Google Scholar that sh*t.  

(sorry OP, not trying to scare those who don't experience m/s, but saying "no basis in science" kills me) 

• Options

imagesimplein06:
    imagekygirlie113:

This. I threw up all 9 mo. With my daughter and this isn't looking much different from where I sit. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It still doesn't mean because she isn't experiencing m/s doesn't mean she won't have a healthy baby. It's how hormones effect your body and each woman is different. Not every woman gets the same symptoms at the same severity but I see why not having some might be freaky. And you can google everything I just said too. Actually, stay away from Google since it's probably your worse enemy right now. Just take a deep breath and be thankful for today. I plan on having a happy, healthy pregnancy even if I'm not bent over a toilet. I guess my mom and I will defy science.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

You're not "defying science".  Plenty of women have successful pregnancies without morning sickness.  My mom had zero morning sickness for 3/4 kids.   

It was your phrasing of the whole morning sickness "myth" that is not true.  Many researchers have found a pattern.  That doesn't mean only women who puke will have healthy babies though.

There are many old wives tales out there about pregnancy, this is not one of them.  Just don't throw the term "science" around willy-nilly.  As a researcher myself, it grinds my gears.    

• Options

Again, I'm not saying that only healthy pregnancies cause morning sickness.  I didn't have it at all with my DS and he's 3 1/2 years old.  I know that tons of healthy pregnancies don't give the mother m/s.  

I'm just saying that when you DO have it, it's a good sign that your hormones are going crazy as they should be and your baby to be is most likely growing on schedule and that reassurance would be nice to have.

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• Options
    You are still early. Mine didn't hit until the first day of week 6 and it hasn't stopped since.

BPF 1. Baby Girl "Petri" 12/22/11 Said goodbye 12/27/11

BPF 2. Baby Boy "Roo" 1/20/12 Heartbeat 160b/m 2/15/12 Said goodbye 2/20/12

BPF 3. Rainbow Baby Boy "Creed"  4/28/12 Born healthy and alive 1/5/13

BFP 4. "Rainbow 2.0" 8/17/14 due 4/28/15

"Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you a thousand years. I love you a thousand more."

imageimageimage

• Options

Little boy in my siggy was the result of no real m/s! My mom never had it either, nor did MIL or my grandmothers. I think I just got lucky, genetically. The only thing I had was a week or two where if I didnt eat every 2 hours I got a little nauseous - but you are also still early for the m/s to really kick in.

Sore breasts IS a symptom of pg! And mild uterine cramping is too - your uterus is growing etc. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options

I felt the same way too at 5 weeks.  Other than sore boobs; frequent trips to the bathroom; and feeling tired I was so nervous that things weren't progressing. 

Then i hit 7 weeks and the MS kicked in!!  It's only been a few days; but this feeling is awful!!  Give it a few more weeks and it will kick in.  You're lucky if you don't get it at all!

Good Luck!!

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I totally understand, I wanted it too. Over the past week or so I've had a few moments where I was super nauseous, but nothing came up. Last night though, about 20 mins after I'd fallen asleep, I woke up to a super nauseous stomach and had to immediately run to the bathroom. Everything came up. DH was so sweet and supportive. The second I finished, he said, "I think you enjoyed that a little too much!" Yes, yes, I did, sweetheart.

I think you're just a little too early at this point. I think they say on average that it starts anywhere from 6-8 weeks. 

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    lanie22lanie22 member

I started getting super nauseous in the shower around week 6 and starting about 3 or 4 days ago, it would hit me if I let myself get really hungry.  Pretty much right at 7 weeks I started dry heaving in the mornings within about 15 minutes of waking up.  And yesterday afternoon I actually threw up and felt like absolute crap.

I know how you feel though - I've felt a bit better in my head knowing that I've had some waves of m/s, but I still find myself wondering "is it enough"?  I had been freaking out about every little thing, or lack of things happening.  I was driving myself nuts, so I'm making a major effort to just try to relax and have faith that all is well. 

And, like pp's have said, mild cramping IS a sign of pg.  Mine has started to subside a bit, but I had quite a bit of mild cramping from weeks 4-6.  Hang in there, I'm sure more symptoms will kick in soon Smile

BFP #1 4/6/12 CP 4/10/12 @5 wks

BFP #2 5/6/12 EDD 1/16/13  DD born on her EDD 1/16/13

BFP #3 1/26/14 EDD 10/9/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageAllycat11:
    I completely get it.  My symptoms are way worse with this pregnancy than the last.  M/S started somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks, and it is getting really bad now.  I am grateful for the intense symptoms. 

Definitely this! With my first it was more mild and happened at 8 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

• Options
    NO! I'm grateful that both of my pregnancies (DD  & this one, so far) have not resulted in m/s. I had almost no symptoms with DD and was worried until I got out of 1st tri. This time around I know that having no symptoms is normal so I'm pretty happy!
  • Options
    Ray I didn't have any nausea at 5 weeks either.  I started after the 6th week.  I get what you're saying though about wanting it just to know the hormones are doing what they're supposed to be doing.  I think you're just fine :) When is your first apt?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Falling in Love!  November 2014
  • Options
    imagerayofsunshine99:
    imageReyka9:

Myth. I didn't have it first time either and had a perfect, healthy pregnancy. People tell you that while you are sick just to make you feel better. So far I have absolutely no symptoms and hope to keep it that way! Last time my heartburn/reflux kicked in 2nd tri and I think it had to be worse than any morning sickness I could have experienced.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Take mine please.

I totally get wanting symptoms for reassurance (I had 3 losses before this pregnancy) but I've lost weight since my BFP because I've been feeling so awful and that worries me, too.  Plus, it's practically impossible to function when you feel like the slightest movement will make you throw up.  So even if you have m/s doesn't mean you'll be worry-free. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
    DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
    Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
    TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"