C-sections

Pimples on Incision?

Question: I have small bumps that look like pimpes right by my incision (and am less than one week out).  It looks kind of like irritated hair follicles.  Is this typical?  I'm trying to decide if this is worth calling my doctor over the weekend (or if it can wait until Monday). 

Re: Pimples on Incision?

• I just had my ten day incision check up. OB pointed out that the knots at the end of the stitches take longer to dissolve and will appear to be a pimple-like bump. Also have to watch out for excess moisture by the incision. I know for me, my saggy former baby bump holds in a lot of moisture. OB said to blow dry on cool the incision after showering, put a dusting of lotromin/tenactin foot powder and use an unscented panty liner or gauze to help wick moisture away. It's helping a lot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got a nasty ingrown hair on mine that was more painful than the incision healing.  I would watch it carefully.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks. I think an ingrown hair is the most likely... my staples were removed at discharge (so I know it's not stitches). I'll call the doctor on Monday and mention it, but thus far at least it doesn't look like it's getting worse.
  • I assumed they were normal because I had a couple and they went away on their own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"